XXV - Signals

When they arrived to Tae's apartment, Jungkook took slow steps until he sat down on the same sofa where he had meet Min Yoongi. He was feeling like a traitor; just because he had been in the wrong place, because he had been wounded, the protest had surely failed. All the hard work and time that his friends and family had invested in this would end up in the trash.

He began to cry. At first because he thought about that, and then because his first tears felt like drops of boiling oil on his damaged eyelid.

"AAARRRGGGH!" He complained trying not to touch the swollen skin.

Taehyung approached him without knowing how to help. He simply kissed the tear that ran down his face and stopped when he found the boy's lips. That action seemed like a crime to Jungkook. After their history together and everything that the saxophonist had told him in the past, it wasn't possible that he was now kissing him just like that.

The younger turned his head and got up to take a couple of steps in the opposite direction.

"I would like to take a shower, may I?" He asked, still letting out a painful cry.

"Oh... of course," stuttered Tae because of the rejection. "There are clean towels on the bathroom shelf, I'll lend you a T-shirt and some comfortable pants," offered the bewildered host.

The warm water caressed Jungkook's toned back while the boy stayed still under it. Hours had passed and he wondered what had happened with Hoseok, Yoongi, Namjoon and the rest of the people who had remained at the protest. Would someone else have been hurt? Had they been kicked out?

He wanted to stop thinking so he start lathering his hair when, unconsciously, he began to sing. His own melody left him feeling peaceful; it lulled him as if he were a small child in her mother's arms.

Taehyung was in the room, speechless at the marvelous sound. He left what he was doing to put his ear on the bathroom door; he couldn't believe that the perfect voice belonged to Jungkook. There was no defect in him, even his way of doing the simplest actions left Tae breathless.

He let his body slide down the surface and ended up sitting on the floor with his back and nape glued to the wooden door. He just wanted to keep hearing him, but when the lyrics of the song pierced his heart, he couldn't help sobbing with all the remorse that stalked him. He didn't even recognize the song neither his original singer, but those verses coming out of Kookie's throat wrinkled his soul.

No limit in the sky

That I won't fly for ya

Tae inhaled.

No amount of tears in my eyes

That I won't cry for ya

He held the air.

With every breath that I take

I want you to share that air with me

There's no promise that I won't keep