XXIX - Bliss

The conversation carried the two boys away. Sitting in a small coral-walled cafe, they talked, drank two cups of tea each and shared a slice of chocolate cake. They laughed, feeling like old friends. Suddenly, a noise on Jungkook's cell phone reminded him how late it was.

MESSAGES

now

Tae <3

Kookie, where are you? Come home, please.

A chill ran down his spine and he unconsciously squeezed Namjoon's hand. By then, the brunette had already told him the outcome of the protest, how the state police had taken the guard who shot Jungkook in the eyebrow; how Mr. Song had spoken in the name of the Free University of Music, assuring them that the student health insurance would be changed drastically.

Namjoon also told him how the man had shake Hoseok's hand in a sign of truce. Yes, everything had turned out 'well' in the end, but they couldn't forget the hard work and the effort that it had cost.

They had also talked about the marriage proposal. When the older one asked Kook if he thought his parents would go crazy after knowing that someone younger than Jin would marry him, the dark haired boy told him that it was a sure thing. However, none of that mattered now, the only important thing was the unconditional love that Joonie radiated.

Everything was planned: Jungkook's brother had a stable job with a generous salary and Namjoon had just been selected to receive a university scholarship. They could pay rent together and even the extra expenses without the help of Mr. and Mrs. Jeon.

Everything had been more than enough to distract the boy, who was trapped in his own love crossroads.

"Sorry, hyung. I have to go. I think Tae's starting to worry about me," Jungkook excused himself with embarrassment.

"Don't worry, Kookie. Thank you very much for the conversation, it was quite good. I feel more confident now that I know that I have your blessing to formalize everything with Jin."

"It will be great, hyung. Welcome to the family." The boy stood up and hugged him tightly.

"Hey, Kookie, I'm sure everything will be alright with Taehyung. Whatever's happening... I've seen it in his eyes. I'm going to say something too corny but it's still true. The way that he looks at you is peculiar, that only happens between people who really love each other." Namjoon shrugged, as if what he had just said was nothing too important.

"Thanks, hyung. I appreciate it," said Kook before waving goodbye and leaving the place to return to the musician's place.

The way back made him think about all the words he had written to Taehyung. What would he have decided? Was the saxophonist ready for a new relationship? Was he willing to fight against his vices and instincts just to avoid hurting him? Frankly, Jungkook didn't have an answer to that.

He only had to hope for the best and be ready for the worst.

When entering the apartment he took off his shoes and found the handsome gray-haired man smiling at him from the bed. They didn't have to say anything, they just looked at each other and Jungkook understood everything. He felt hungry, but it was a different hunger from the one he had always felt; he didn't want to satiate it with food, but with Taehyung's skin.

He approached him slowly and the musician gave him a kiss that heated their blood instantly. There were bites on both torsos, on the two pairs of thighs, on their shoulders, fingers and collarbones. Since they didn't need clothes, they took them off and got drunk with the pleasure of their touches.

"I love you, Jungkook. I don't want to talk about the world anymore, about injustice or health insurances. I just want to smile and then smile a little more and wake up by your side and make you feel like this will last forever. I don't want to grow old. I'm going to forget the past because this time I'll make things differently. We have changed together, right?"

There was a rhythm in the phrases that came out of Taehyung's mouth, a hypnotic sound that made the lights in the room dim. The colors faded and the uneasy emptiness that Kookie had felt for years was filled with deep dreams. He nodded to his question.

Sometimes there are things that a man can't know. The gears don't turn and the leaves don't grow. There are no places to run neither gasoline reserves. Our internal engines no longer work and the train just stop. But there's always something that, at first, seems tiny and then becomes gigantic, swallowing all that anguish. It's something similar to hope, to love. That was what now made Jungkook sigh.

All the struggles were over, for now the storm of his life had calmed down.

[...]

Taehyung got out of bed after making love with Kookie. The boy remained lying down, a little sore, with bright pupils, curved parted lips and with a slight blush on his cheeks. He looked beautiful in the eyes of the older one. Tae picked up his saxophone and placed it on his body with his big hands.

"Now you're going to give a concert?" Jungkook asked with a playful tone.

"If I do it, will you pay me with a kiss?" The musician asked.

"Yes, I can do that very easily, Taehyungie."

"Oh yeah? You kiss any guy very easily, right?"

"Yeah. But only the handsome ones, you know. And to those who are musicians. There's nothing sexier than that."

Kook had fun making Taehyung jealous; they had never been in that situation before and he was enjoying it.

"You're such a cliché, Jungkook. You'll have to stop kissing other people. Do you wanna know why?"

"Why?"

"Because now you have a boyfriend."

As subtle as an earthquake, Jungkook thought as he let out a laugh and closed his eyes to listen to the whisper of that exquisite saxophone.