XIII - Disorder

"Forever isn't for everyone

Is forever for you?"

Alex Turner in Snap Out Of It

Cheer up!

"Cheer up!" Jungkook told him what he was also thinking. "You got sad all of the sudden," continued the boy giving up a huge smile to the man next to him.

The clock on Tae's wrist read eleven o'clock and the darkness surrounded every corner of the city that wasn't touched by artificial light. A fat, beautiful lady sang a melody without realizing that the other passengers of the underground train could hear her.

"I was only thinking about some stuff... unimportant stuff, I suppose," answered the gray-haired guy.

It seemed that the musician was under hypnosis, so Kookie wanted to cling to his shoulders and shake him. However, before he could do that, they reached their stop, Jeon's house was two blocks away from that station.

"I'm sorry I can't walk you home. That brother of yours will kill me if he sees me."

"Don't worry, nobody's going to kidnap me, it's really close from here. Tae hyung, I had a really good time."

"I'm glad, Jungkookie. You know? Even if this were my last concert in the university ensemble, I wouldn't regret anything because my music has made you happy."

Taehyung was waiting for an answer but Kook didn't say anything for a few seconds, perhaps the remark had surprised him. The saxophone player also remained silent until the young man said something in a lower tone:

"But it wasn't your last concert. Tomorrow you'll have another one, right? The ticket you gave me was valid for today or tomorrow."

"No, there will not be a Sunday concert," the older one avoided looking at him when he offered a hesitant response.

"Oh... that's why you asked me to go today. Was it canceled?"

"Something like that."

"..."

"Don't worry about it, busybody, you'll find out what's going on sooner than later," said Tae shaking his head from side to side with a childish look.

"See you soon, hyung."

"See you soon, Jungkookie. I hope I haven't gotten you into much trouble. Try to rest well."

Kook immediately got closer to Tae's body; he wished to end that 'almost-perfect evening' feeling the saxophonist's lips. The musician leaned toward him but covered the younger man's mouth with his right hand; he then placed a kiss there, without touching Jungkook's face.

"It's best not to do this tonight, right?" Tae spoke. "But we could make up a better farewell just for the two of us. Hhhmm... what could it be? I know!"