30. Revenge Isn't Sweet

*a week and two days later*

“This is awful,” Peach whined. “There’s so much of THEM now.”

She was referring to the unpopulars and there were now eight of them. There were also eight populars. And Peach couldn’t stand the equality.

“I know right,” Dixie agreed. “We gotta do something.”

“That is so true, Di,” Peach smiled as an idea popped into her head. “Dettie, call the popular guys.”

“Okay,” Toadette said, running away.

Two minutes later, all of the populars were together and Peach discussed something with them. Everyone agreed that the scheme Peach told them about was ingenious.

“Guys, go do your part of the plan now,” Peach grinned. “They’re still here anyways.”

“We’re on it,” Waluigi replied as he and his friends went to find the unpopulars.

*by Mario’s locker*

“I’m looking forward to the movie tonight!” Yoshi exclaimed.

“We all are,” Daisy laughed. Suddenly, the male populars approached the group.

“What do they want now?” Boo whispered to his friends, who also didn’t know.

“Hey, Mario,” Bowser said casually. “Wanna hang with us?”

Mario couldn’t believe it. He was finally invited to hang out with the populars! However, he couldn’t show how excited he was.

“When?” Mario asked coolly.

“Now,” Donkey Kong stated. “We’re going to Bowser’s house. It’d be real nice if you could come along.”

The unpopulars (excluding Mario) glanced at each other in horror. Obviously, Mario would say yes and totally forget going to the cinema.

“Sure, I’m free today,” Mario replied.

“Great, we’re carpooling with Bowser,” Wario said. Mario just gave his unpopular friends a single nod before walking off with the populars.

“Our hangouts are much more fun than the hangouts those wimps have,” Diddy Kong told Mario. “Someone like you should know how to have real fun.”

“I’m sure your hang-outs are better,” Mario replied.

He literally just ditched the unpopulars.

“Wow,” Rosalina muttered.

“He’ll learn his mistakes soon enough,” Yoshi assured.

“It’s like whenever the populars invite us or him to something, he automatically loses all of his common sense,” Daisy stated, annoyed.

“Whatever, guys. Let’s just forget about him for awhile and watch the movie like we wanted to do,” Luigi suggested.

His friends agreed and they left the school to go to Fire Flower Cinema and watch Crazy Toads, the hit blockbuster of the season. It had everything a good movie needed- romance, comedy, action, and adventure. All of those things plus tons of popcorn and some friendly bonding would distract them from the betrayal that had just occurred.

*one hour later, at Bowser’s house*

“Damn, you’re good,” Waluigi said when Mario managed to slip past the signals of ten helicopters that were chasing him (not literally, of course). Mario was playing Grand Toad Auto V.