2. A New Friend And A New Girlfriend

"Yoshi, what have you been so excited to tell us about?" Daisy asked at lunch.

"Oh, um... I don't know how you guys are gonna react," Yoshi replied, shifting uncomfortably.

"C'mon, Yosh, you can tell us," Mario said.

"Ok, fine... Birdo asked me out last night," Yoshi mumbled.

"WHAT?" Luigi gaped at Yoshi.

"Sorry, I said yes. I knew you guys would react like this," Yoshi said, looking down.

"Wow, I'm impressed, Yosh," Mario said.

"Lucky you!" Daisy said, happy for Yoshi.

"No, that's amazing, Yoshi," Luigi replied.

"Thanks, but I'm worried," Yoshi said. "What if it's all a joke or I'm not a good boyfriend?"

"I know you'll be a GREAT boyfriend," Daisy reassured. "You're caring, smart, funny, and a whole lot more."

"Aww. thanks, Dais," Yoshi told his friend.

"No prob," Daisy replied. Then, they noticed a small, white, ghost-like creature floating towards their table.

"Umm, hi..." he said shyly. "I'm Boo. Can I sit with you guys?

"Sure!" Luigi replied, gesturing to the empty seats."I'm Luigi. And this is my bro, Mario and my friends, Daisy and Yoshi." Mario, Daisy, and Yoshi waved at Boo.

*at another table*

"Look the newbie's joining the loser table, maybe he's a loser, too," Dixie laughed.

"Peach, how's your relationship with Bowser?" Toadette asked, picking at a noodle in her soup.

"I missed him so much! We didn't see each other all summer because I went to Isle Delfino," Peach replied, twirling a lock of golden blonde hair around her perfectly manicured finger. Bowser was her boyfriend of almost 6 months. "What's up with you and Toad?"

"We're doing great! We saw each other so much during the summer!" Toadette said, glancing at a table nearby, where Bowser, Toad, Donkey Kong, Diddy, Wario, and Waluigi were sitting. Toad and Toadette had been together for just over 2 months.

"Birdo, how were you and that dork yesterday?" Dixie asked.

"He has a name, you know. Yoshi and I had a good time yesterday," Birdo replied.

"2 months, girl, 2 months," Peach reminded.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Birdo said.

"Guys, I don't think that's a good idea..." Rosalina spoke up. She was popular, but she tried so hard not to be mean like her friends.

"I don't care what you think. You either agree or leave this table," Peach said calmly. Rosalina shut up, not in a mood to get into a fight with the queen bee at school.

I think this chapter is pretty short. I bet you guys think so, too. I assure you that the chapters will get longer. Do you think there's anything fishy about Yoshi and Birdo's relationship? And what's up with Rosalina? Well feel free to predict but keep your guesses to yourself! Anyways pls add, comment, vote, etc. Thanks!

- pinkandpeachy