5. Amore

*a few days later*

"Bro, I have something to tell you," Luigi said to his older twin brother. It was a Friday night and since their parents were out of town, Mario and Luigi decided to order some pizza.

"What?" Mario asked, eating a pizza slice.

"... I think I'm in love," Luigi answered quietly. Mario almost choked on his pizza.

"Really? With who?" he questioned.

"R-Rosalina..." Luigi mumbled.

"Do you plan on asking her out?" Mario asked. "You have a bigger chance with her than I do with Peach." Even though Peach wasn't single, Mario had a crush on her. No matter how mean Peach was to him.

"Maybe," Luigi shrugged. "We have to get to know each other better first."

"I feel happy for you, Weegee," Mario said.

"What if she doesn't feel the same way?" Luigi asked.

"You guys have to bond more and it'll work out after that," Mario advised, although he never had a girlfriend before.

"I'll invite her over tomorrow," Luigi said.

"That's a good idea. I'll leave, so that you two will have some privacy," Mario winked.

"Thanks, Mario," Luigi gave his brother a small smile.

"For what?" Mario raised an eyebrow.

"Just... For taking this well," Luigi replied.

"Umm, you're welcome," Mario said, standing up to wash the dishes.

*at Rosalina's house*

Rosalina finished her homework and fell backwards onto her turquoise bed. She closed her eyes in thought. So, Rosalina was officially a target of her, umm, ex-friends. She was reunited with Daisy. Rosalina now had friends that were way nicer than her previous ones. Bowser had gotten mad at her for "hurting his sweetie" and shoved her into a locker. Ouch, my side still hurts, Rosalina thought. Along with amazing friends, she recently discovered she had feelings for a certain someone- Luigi. Suddenly, Rosalina's cellphone rang. The caller ID was Luigi.

"Hello?" Rosalina said.

"Hey!" Luigi said cheerfully.

"Hey, Luigi, what's up?" Rosalina asked, sitting up on her bed.

"Well, are you free tomorrow?" Luigi asked.

"Yeah," Rosalina answered. "Why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over tomorrow. We can, umm, get to know each other better," Luigi replied. "Can you?"

"Sure!" Rosalina smiled, even though Luigi couldn't see it.

"Great, I'll text you the details! See you tomorrow!" Luigi said.

"Bye!" Rosalina replied and ended the call. Awesome! she thought.

*at the movie theatre*

Yoshi and Birdo were on their third date, which was at the movie theatre. They hadn't planned what to watch in advance. The couple was deciding now. "Wanna watch this sci-fi movie?" Yoshi asked, pointing to a poster. Birdo wrinkled her face in disgust.

"Eww, no," she answered. "Let's watch this one!" Birdo pointed to another poster. This one was a romantic comedy.

"Umm..." Yoshi said, unsure what to say. He didn't want to watch that one, but for some reason, he couldn't tell Birdo that.

"Please?" Birdo asked.

"Well..." Yoshi said.

"Pleeeeeeease?" Birdo gave Yoshi puppy eyes.

"Ok," Yoshi sighed.

"Omg, thanks!" Birdo squealed, hugging Yoshi.

"You're welcome?" Yoshi said as if he was asking a question. Yoshi and Birdo bought tickets and after that, they went to buy some food.

"Two hotdogs with cheese," Birdo told the Toad at the counter. "One large butter popcorn and one large strawberry milkshake."

"That will be 68 coins," the Toad said. Birdo was getting the money in her purse, but Yoshi handed him money before Birdo could.

"You- you paid?" Birdo asked.

"Yeah," Yoshi blushed.

"Well, thanks," Birdo smiled. Yoshi and Birdo took the food and went into the cinema.

*one hour later*

Yoshi absolutely hated the movie. It was too... Cliche. But, Birdo seemed to be enjoying it. She kept switching from happy to sad. Yoshi turned to sip the milkshake that he and Birdo were sharing... But, Birdo was planning to do the same thing. And they both leaned towards the milkshake, but instead of sipping it, they... Kissed. Both Yoshi and Birdo turned a deep red. "Sorry," Yoshi whispered, not wanting to disturb others.

"No need to be sorry, I enjoyed that," Birdo grinned and kissed him again. And even though Yoshi didn't like the movie, he smiled through the entire thing. Why? Because of his girlfriend.

I enjoyed writing this chapter, especially the last scene. I'm gonna start school pretty soon so I unfortunately won't be able to update as often. Do you think I should put a lot of romance in this book?  Romance is one of the genres of this story but idk if I'd be able to do a lot of well-written romantic scenes. Anyways pls add, comment, vote, etc. Thanks!

- pinkandpeachy