29. Unpopulars For The Win

*the next day, at lunch*

“Hey, girls,” Birdo sat down at her usual table.

“Hi,” Toadette waved.

“Hey, Bow!” Dixie grinned.

“Nuh-uh,” Peach shook her head. “Don’t sit down yet.” Dixie and Toadette glanced at each other, unaware of what Peach was up to now.

“Why not?” Birdo questioned. “Can I at least put down my tray?”

“Fine,” Peach replied.

“Well, what do you want?” Birdo asked, still standing. Peach took out her phone from her pocket and went to the Photos app.

“Does this look familiar, Birdo?” Peach smirked, showing Dixie, Toadette, and Birdo a picture of…

“How did you get that?” Birdo simply asked, looking at the picture of she and Yoshi hugging last night. Dixie and Toadette gasped in surprise.

“Well, I happened to pass Flipswitch Felix last night and I just couldn’t resist taking a picture of the happy couple,” Peach stated.

“Can I sit down now?” Birdo sighed.

“Not until you make a decision,” Peach answered. “If you want to remain friends with us, you have to go to Yoshi sometime today and tell him that what happened last night was a prank.”

“But, it wasn’t!” Birdo protested.

“Darling, it’s called lying. You’ve done it before,” Peach said. “But if you love him so much that you can’t dump him a second time, then you might as well leave the table.” Birdo picked up her tray.

“You know what? I don’t freaking care if I’m ‘popular’,” Birdo said. “I absolutely can’t deal with you anymore! You think that the world revolves around you. You’re only nice to us when we follow your ‘orders’. PEACH, WE’RE NOT YOUR SERVANTS! Why do you treat us like we are? I’m not just leaving because of Yoshi. I’m leaving because I want to be my own person, not a clone of you!”

Birdo then stormed off, leaving the girls she had been a friend of for as long as she could remember. Although it’s mostly Peach’s fault, Birdo thought. If she didn’t become part of our little group in 7th grade, everything would be fine.

“Peach, that was kinda a bad idea…” Toadette said slowly and quietly.

“Do you want to join her, Toadette?” Peach snapped, obviously now in a bad mood. Toadette quickly shook her head.

“No thank you,” she replied, awkwardly looking down at her food.

“I still can’t believe she chose those losers over us,” Peach muttered.

Dixie remained quiet, she knew that no one should mess with Peach when she was in a bad mood. Toadette, however, was slightly sad and she couldn’t help but think that what Peach said was unfair. Because of Peach, Toadette’s possibly-ex-best-friend was no longer part of their group.

Meanwhile, the unpopulars were having a conversation of their own.

“I knew it, I knew it,” Daisy grinned. “The way you looked at each other before you got together- you two obviously missed each other!”

“Since when did you start reading romance?” Boo questioned.

“I don’t…” Daisy was confused. “What are you implying?”

“That what you just said sounded as if it came from a cheesy romance novel!” Mario laughed.

“It did not… Oh wait, it kinda did…” Daisy turned slightly red.