4. Not So Uncool

*on the following Monday, at lunch*

"C'mon, Rosie!" Daisy said to her friend.

"Coming," Rosalina replied, carrying her tray. The two girls walked to Daisy's usual table, where Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Boo were sitting.

"Hey, guys!" Daisy smiled. "Rosie's gonna sit with us today."

"What?" Mario asked, confused. "Why? Weren't you guys friends before?"

"Yeah," Rosalina answered. "But, we made up over the weekend and I stopped hanging out with Peach and her friends."

"I guess we can give you a chance..." Luigi said hesitantly. Rosalina never really bullied them, she just stood by and watched.

"Well, thanks! I thought you guys would reject me," Rosalina smiled.

"Are you sure you won't get embarrassed? You're gonna be on the target list of your former friends and we aren't popular..." Yoshi said.

"I don't care. I honestly don't think popularity matters that much, having good-hearted friends does," Rosalina replied.

"Hi," Boo said softly, he was really quiet and shy. "I'm Boo."

"And I'm Rosalina," Rosalina grinned. She could see the fear hidden in his eyes and immediately knew why it was there. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna judge you."

"T-thanks," he mumbled. Mario, Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Boo were glad they made a new friend. These people aren't so uncool, Rosalina thought to herself.

*at another table*

"Peach, you ok?" Toadette asked.

"Of course not! Rosalina just walked out on us!" Peach snapped.

"Sorry," Toadette looked down.

"Whatever, it's not your fault," Peach brought out her compact mirror and stared at her reflection, which she found absolutely gorgeous.

"I toats cannot believe it!" Dixie said. "Rosalina, our friend joined the nerds!"

"She's not our friend anymore," Peach muttered. "She's one of them."

"So, what should we do?" Birdo asked, meaning what to do to Rosalina.

"We'll confront her after school," Peach answered.

*after school*

Rosalina was walking to her locker, which was unfortunately next to Peach's. During lunch, her new friends told her about all the things Peach and her friends had done to them. Now, Rosalina despised Peach more than ever. She couldn't believe they were ever friends! Rosalina braced herself for the worst. She had a feeling that Peach would confront her sometime soon... And she was right.

"Hey, Rosalina," that awful, high-pitched voice said snottily.

"Get out of my face, Peach," Rosalina snapped, saying Peach's name like it was a disgusting word.

I thought we were friends," Peach said, circling Rosalina. "But, you actually hate us. It's hurtful when someone just walks out on you, you know. Especially on your birthday. I guess you were never really a good friend and I've already realized that. If someone has an ugly heart, it's YOU!" Silence fell over the crowd. So, this is what it feels like to be bullied, Rosalina thought. She looked around. Everyone had gathered around the two girls to witness the fight. What Peach said to her hurt. A lot. But, Rosalina wasn't going to let herself cry.

"Look who's talking. The girl who pays more attention to her closet than her friends. The girl who hates anyone that isn't her friend. The best part of your life is now. Because after you graduate, you won't be living a life at all, you'll just be sitting at home with your makeup and phone! So, if you're looking for an ugly heart, go look in that mirror you love so much because the first ugly-hearted person I can name is you!" Rosalina smirked and looked Peach in the eye. She wasn't afraid of Peach, she never was and she never will be. Everyone looked shocked, including Peach and they all stared at Rosalina.

"Ooh, buuurn," Wario said. Waluigi slapped his brother, making him shut up. Peach scoffed.

"This is NOT over," she flipped her hair and sashayed away. Everyone else just gaped at Rosalina for a few more seconds and then left without any words.

*later, at Mario and Luigi's house*

The doorbell rang. Luigi opened the door. "Hey, Dais," he said.

"Hey, Weegee," Daisy replied, stepping into the small, but cozy house.

"What are you doing here?" Luigi asked.

"Well, I was bored and I already finished my homework," Daisy answered. "Hope you don't mind that I came."

"I don't mind! I just have to do my homework, so while waiting, you can do whatever. Mario's not home right now," Luigi said, heading up to his room. Daisy had been here many times. She went out to the backyard and decided to shoot some hoops. She grabbed a basketball. After about 20 minutes of shooting, Luigi came down and watched her. But, Daisy didn't notice. She backed up and made a three-point shot.

"Nice one," a voice complimented from behind Daisy. She turned around and saw Luigi. Daisy blushed. She never really did good with compliments.

"T-thanks, Weegee," Daisy mumbled. She picked up the basketball and made her way towards Luigi. However, when Luigi went to sleep that But, Daisy was a very clumsy person and she tripped over nothing. Luigi laughed, causing her to blush once more and laugh along with him. The two friends walked inside to the kitchen.

"Want something to drink?" Luigi asked.

"Umm, water," Daisy answered. That was one thing that made her different from the others- she hated soda. Most of the populars loved it. Luigi poured water for himself and Daisy. "Thanks," Daisy smiled. Luigi and Daisy talked about the most random things, because well, that's what friends do. After an hour, Daisy stood up. "Well, I gotta go, my parents want me home for dinner. Bye!" she said.

"See you tomorrow!" Luigi smiled. As Daisy left his house, she thought, I wish he was mine. However, when Luigi went to sleep that night, he dreamt about him and Rosalina.

Ooh, do you see what I see? Cause I see a LOVE TRIANGLE! Btw this is the longest chapter so far! Hope you liked the length! Believe it or not, Peach is actually my fave Mario character! It's weird since I make her so mean in this fanfic. Anyways pls add, comment, vote, etc. Thanks!

- pinkandpeachy