15. Roses And Daisies

*5 days later*

Today, there was a basketball game between the Mushroom High Stars and the Flower High Shells. All of the male populars were on the basketball team and Luigi was on it, too. Luigi didn't really care that none of his friends were on the team with him. He joined the team for the games. And Peach, Dixie, Toadette, Birdo, and Rosalina were the cheerleaders. Rosalina was a popular when the girls tried out for cheer together. Peach got upset when the coach put Rosalina as the cheer captain for the year. That basically meant she had the best performance in the try-outs. The cheerleaders were in the girls locker room, getting ready for the game that was going to start in 20 minutes. Peach walked up to Rosalina when Rosalina was in front of the mirror, tying her platinum blonde hair into a ponytail. "If we lose today, it's because of you and your lousy cheerleading," Peach said, applying mascara to her eyelashes. Like seriously, who wears mascara before cheerleading?

"If I'm a lousy cheerleader, me being captain and all, then what are you?" Rosalina shot back. 

"Whatever, Rosalina. Just know that I've been the best cheerleader since 7th grade. The coach probably felt bad for you because of your lack of skill," Peach sashayed out of the locker room. Rosalina tied her shoelaces and then made her way out to the gym. She waved to Mario, Daisy, Yoshi, and Boo, who were sitting near the front with a humongous bucket of popcorn, which Yoshi probably bought. Yoshi was the biggest foodie out of Rosalina's friends. She checked the scoreboard for the time. 5 minutes until the game. By now, all of the cheerleaders and basketball players were in the gym and organizing themselves. After a few moments, the whistle blew, starting the game/

*50 minutes later*

There was 1 minute left of the game. The score was 82-80. The Mushroom High Stars were winning. And then, with 2 seconds left in the game, a guy from the Shells team made a three point shot! Right after the shot was made, the coach blew the whistle, ending the game. Rosalina wasn't so disappointed that her school's team had lost. At least the players had done their best. Rosalina changed into a shirt, hoodie, and sweats. She kept her hair in a ponytail. The blonde went out of the locker room and made her way to the cafeteria for lunch. On the way, Rosalina saw Bowser and Peach arguing. She heard a glimpse of their conversation. "Our team lost! It's your fault because you're the team captain!" Peach exclaimed. 

"It was Luigi's fault. He's not as good in basketball as he thinks he is," Bowser replied, even though Luigi scored the most points in the team. Rosalina decided not to get involved in the conversation, so she left the hallway.

*after school*

Rosalina was excited because it was the last day of school before winter break and she would be spending the break with her friends. She was just checking her Bananagram feed, when Peach appeared at her side. "Whatcha lookin’ at?" Peach asked and taking up much of Rosalina's space.

"Mind your own business," Rosalina muttered. But, before she could turn away, Peach snatched her phone and started scrolling through her feed.

"Inspirational quotes? Who needs those these days?" Peach laughed. "Helping poverty? Ew! Rosalina, you should start following better accounts! You have the weirdest feed ever!"

"If you say my feed is weird, stop looking through it!" Rosalina snapped, trying to get her phone back. That was when Peach went too far. 

"Oh. Oops," Peach said, not sounding very sorry as Rosalina's phone fell to the ground and broke into little pieces. Peach made her way out of the hallway. She had dropped Rosalina's phone... On purpose. For once, Rosalina was unable to win against Peach. She just stared at her broken phone on the floor. After what seemed like hours, but was only a minute, Rosalina slowly walked away.