28. Starting Fresh

*during the last period for the day*

Birdo nervously looked down at her lap, where a small, folded piece of paper laid. Yoshi was sitting right behind her. Birdo listened carefully to the Math teacher because she was waiting for her to say something certain.

"Class, take out your scientific calculators now," Ms. Paratroopa said. Finally! Birdo thought. Luckily, her scientific calculator was already on her desk. She quickly put the folded piece of paper on Yoshi's desk while Yoshi was rummaging through his bag.

When Yoshi found his scientific calculator and placed it on his desk, he noticed something that wasn't there before. A folded piece of paper was on his desk. Yoshi didn't unfold it and he put it in his bag, since he didn't want to get distracted from class.

Soon, class ended and everyone rushed out of the classroom with their belongings. Once Yoshi got to his locker and made sure no one was around, he took the piece of paper out of his bag and read what was written on it.

Hey, Yoshi! Wanna go out to dinner with me tonight? If you do, then I’ll meet ya at Flipswitch Felix at 6.

– Birdo

*two hours later*

Birdo was sitting at a table for two at Flipswitch Felix, waiting for Yoshi. It was already 6 and he wasn't here yet. Maybe he didn't get it, Birdo thought. Or maybe he just doesn't wanna come. I'll stick around for a few more minutes.

After ten minutes of waiting, Birdo figured that Yoshi wouldn't show up. On her way out of the restaurant, Yoshi rushed in through the door.

"Sorry, I had to finish my homework first," he apologized.

"Oh," Birdo was relieved. "It's okay. Let's order our food." Birdo and Yoshi ordered their burgers and then sat down where Birdo was sitting before.

"Why did you want me here?" Yoshi asked.

"Why did you come?" Birdo replied.

"I'm not sure if I should tell you," Yoshi said.

"What if I tell you the answer to your question first?" Birdo questioned.

"Okay," Yoshi replied.

"I miss you," Birdo admitted.

"And how do I know this isn't another prank?" Yoshi questioned.

"Because no one forced me to invite you here," Birdo informed.

"I've learned that you're awfully good at manipulating people, just like your friends," Yoshi stated.

"You know how I was acting really weird yesterday?" Birdo said.

"Yeah... Why?"

"I had five hallucinations and a dream of you."

"What?"

"Yoshi, this break up is driving me crazy! No matter what I do, I still miss you! I miss you Yoshi, that's why I gave you that note."

"Birdo... I can answer your question now," Yoshi replied, lowering his voice.

"Okay... Go ahead," Birdo said.

"I came here because I miss you, too," Yoshi whispered, his face only several inches away from Birdo's. "Will you start fresh with me and be my girlfriend?" Birdo was so happy that all she could do was nod. She hugged Yoshi.

"We're starting over," Birdo grinned.

*meanwhile*

On Peach's way home, she passed Flipswitch Felix. However, she saw something she never thought she would ever see.

"Stop the car," Peach ordered her driver. The driver obeyed and pulled over to the side of the road. Peach got out of her car and looked through one of the restaurant's windows.

Yoshi and Birdo were sitting at a table... Hugging?! Peach’s jaw dropped. She stomped on the ground and began to sob in anger. She sank to her knees and burried her face in her hands. Finally, she peeked back into the window. They were still hugging! Peach's frown slowly turned into an evil-like smile. She immediately took out her phone and snapped a picture of Yoshi and Birdo.

Someone's busted... Peach thought as she got back into her car.

*later that night*

Yoshi: Guys!!!

Mario: What

Yoshi: Birdo and I got back together! :D

Daisy: Congrats yosh! :)

Rosalina: congrats !!

Toad: r u sure its not a prank tho o.O

Yoshi: Nope. It turns out that both of us really genuinely missed each other.

Luigi: I’m so happy for you Yoshi!

Boo: But be careful

Yoshi: I haven’t been this happy in so long!

Rosalina: but will she be nice to us ?

Yoshi: Yeah, definitely! She promised me.

Mario was glad that Yoshi was finally going to be his cheerful self again. He could see that Birdo made Yoshi’s life a whole lot better.

Luigi was happy for his best friend, but was also a little disappointed. I guess what I was planning to do will have to wait, Luigi thought. I can’t take the spotlight off of Yoshi so soon…

Meanwhile, Daisy was mentally celebrating. She shipped Yoshi and Birdo before they broke up, but the fact that they missed each other so much when they were apart made their relationship a little bit cuter. Besides, Daisy and Yoshi always went to each other when they had problems.

Boo was also very happy for Yoshi, but he couldn’t help but think that it could be another prank… He just wanted Yoshi to be careful or else he’d get his heart broken a second time by the same person.

Rosalina felt the same way about Yoshi and Birdo getting back together as Boo. She wanted Yoshi to be careful, but as long as he was happy, Rosalina was.

Toad still had a grudge against the populars. He had been one longer than any of his current friends and he knew what his former friends were capable of doing. But Toad nonetheless hoped that the populars, or Birdo at the very least, would eventually have a change of heart.

So Yoshi and Birdo are back together... For real! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And Peach's reaction tho... Cred to @awzumnez for helping me write that part. Reread the part where it says Luigi's thoughts. What do you think he was planning to do? I think the answer is kinda obvious but idk if I'm only saying that bc I'm the author. Btw I only have three weeks of summer vacation left. NOOOOO!!! Anyways pls add, comment, vote, etc. Thanks!

- pinkandpeachy