3. Break Up And Make Up

*a few weeks later*

It was Peach's birthday party. She invited everyone, except Mario, Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Boo. And she made sure they knew about it. They could cry themselves to sleep tonight. She went to the location of her party. It was just a few minutes until everyone else arrived. Soon, Bowser came in.

"Happy birthday, sweetie," he greeted his girlfriend.

"Thanks," Peach gave him a kiss. A few minutes later, Dixie, Birdo, Toadette, and Rosalina all came through the door. "Hey, girls!" Peach exclaimed, hugging them all.

"Happy birthday!" they chorused and put their gifts on the gift table.

*a few hours later*

"And he, like, totally freaked out!" Peach laughed. Dixie, Birdo, and Toadette laughed along with her, but Rosalina just sat and listened. For the past 2 hours, they had been gossiping about and making fun of Mario, Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Boo. Rosalina was tired of their cruelty to that group. And se said so. "Guys, please stop," Rosalina said. Everyone looked at her.

"Stop what?" Peach raised an eyebrow.

"Stop... Stop talking about them," Rosalina replied.

"Who?" Peach asked, playing dumb.

"You very well know who," Rosalina gave Peach one of the hardest glares she had ever given. Not that she often glared at people. It was rare to see Rosalina mad.

"Eh, they're losers. Why do you care, anyways?" Peach spat.

"Because they have feelings!" Rosalina exploded. "What are you?" Heartless?"

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!" Peach screamed. The guys were elsewhere and Dixie, Birdo, and Toadette were just witnessing their argument.

"Just remember this, girls. A pretty girl is nothing if she has an ugly heart," Rosalina said, picking up her bag and walking towards the door. "Happy birthday, Peach." She slammed the door and ran to her house. Rosalina fell asleep wondering what would await her on Monday.

*the next day*

Rosalina knew what she had to do. After having lunch, she went outside and stood by her door. She stared at the house across the road, the one she hadn't visited for years. Rosalina crossed the road to the house. She took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. Daisy opened the door.

"R-Rosalina? What are you doing here?" Daisy asked, surprised.

"I know I haven't visited in, like, forever, but I need to tell you something," Rosalina answered.

"Uhh, ok. We can go to my room," Daisy said. Rosalina hadn't been to her house in a really long time. They went up to Daisy's room. Rosalina remembered the orange, yellow, and white colored room. She looked at the pictures on the walls and on Daisy's desk. But, there was one picture on Daisy's bedside table that caught her eye. It was a picture of Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina making silly faces at the camera.

*flashback*

"Yay! We finished our first half of 6th grade!" Peach cheered. Daisy and Rosalina had come to her house for a sleepover.

"Let's take a picture of us, so we can look back years later and remember how strong our friendship is!" Daisy suggested.

"Oh my gosh, yeah!" Rosalina agreed. They looked at Peach for approval. She nodded.

"Let's do this!" she exclaimed. So, Peach got her digital camera and put it on self-timer mode. The three girls ran to their spots and made silly faces at the camera. After the picture was taken, they dashed over to see it.

"Our faces! They're so funny!" Rosalina giggled.

"We're best friends forever!" Daisy said happily and the three girls did a group hug.

*flashback over*

"I see you're looking at that picture," Daisy said, coming over to Rosalina.

"Y-yeah," Rosalina replied.

"I kept it... So, I'd remember..." Daisy said, looking down. "So, I'd remember that no matter how hard it is to picture now, we were once... We were once best friends." Daisy looked at that picture every night and it brought back memories... Memories that made her wish that they were still friends. But, Peach turned into a monster and Rosalina took her side. "Anyways, what did you want to tell me?" Daisy asked, changing the subject.

"Umm, I walked out on Peach," Rosalina answered.

"Why?" Daisy raised an eyebrow. "You guys are, like, best friends."

"She was... Uhh, should I tell you?" Rosalina asked.

"Go on, you can tell me," Daisy replied.

"Peach and her friends were talking about you and your friends and making fun of you guys," Rosalina looked down. "I got tired of it, so I stood up to her and walked out on her at her birthday party last night."

"Wow," Daisy said. "You really didn't have to do that."

"Yeah, but I kinda feel bad for you and your friends," Rosalina replied. "It's not like you've done anything to deserve being treated so bad at school."

"I've missed you," Daisy admitted.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry for leaving you," Rosalina apologized meaningfully. "I should've realized that I took the wrong side."

"Well... It's ok," Daisy gave her a small smile. "You can sit with my friends and I at lunch."

"Thanks, but I'm sure they won't let me," Rosalina said.

"No, they will. I'll explain." Daisy assured.

"Umm, ok... Thanks again," Rosalina smiled.

"No prob, it's good to have my friend back," Daisy hugged Rosalina, which surprised Rosalina. But, soon, she was hugging back.

This chappie was a bit longer than the others... I hope you liked it! So Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina were once best friends. Eventually, you'll find out what separated them. Anyways pls add, comment, vote, etc. Thanks!

- pinkandpeachy