11. Pranks

*after school*

"I can't believe we're going to become populars!" Mario said.

"I have a feeling there's a catch to this offer," Luigi muttered. His brother was so easy to convince.

"I still think this is a bad idea," Yoshi told Mario and Luigi. Luigi agreed. Mario just ignored Yoshi, temporarily forgetting that Yoshi knows a bad idea when he hears one.

"Yosh, it'll be fine," Mario assured his friend. Yoshi bumped into a tree on their way to Wario and Waluigi's house.

"Ouch," Yoshi mumbled, rubbing his forehead. 

"You're just like Dai, bumping into things," Mario laughed. Yoshi turned red. Luigi's eyes widened.

"Look, guys," he pointed up. Tiny snowflakes were falling from the clear sky.

"Cool!" Yoshi grinned. A few minutes later, the three guys arrived at Wario and Waluigi's house. They rang the doorbell. No one answered. After a few minutes, Mario tried twisting the door knob and the door opened. It wasn't locked. Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi entered the house. All the lights were turned off. Wario and Waluigi glanced at each other and snickered, releasing a jar full of spiders. Suddenly, Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi heard some noises. Mario turned on his phone light and flashed it at the floor. His eyes widened.

"Guys, look!" Mario told Luigi and Yoshi. They looked at the floor and noticed 20 or so spiders heading towards them.

"Let's split up and look for Wario and Waluigi," Yoshi suggested. Mario and Luigi nodded and the three friends seperated. Mario went to the upper floor. He checked their bedroom. Waluigi was hanging to the ceiling, using suction cups and trying not to be noticed by Mario. Waluigi yanked his hands off the ceiling in an attempt to give Mario a wedgie, but failed to. Waluigi silently cursed to himself as he walked upside down on the ceiling, away from the scene and suprisingly unnoticed. Mario looked behind him and noticed two suction cups stuck to his back. Mario shrugged.

"I should've wore something different," Mario muttered to himself. 

*in the kitchen*

Meanwhie, Luigi was looking for Wario and Waluigi in the kitchen. Wario crept behind him and hid whenever Luigi turned around. Luigi flinched when he felt someone tickling his back. He turned around and saw nothing. Then, Luigi felt something hit his back. He turned around, quicker this time, but only saw a sack of rice. Luigi then fled the kitchen. Wario snickered, not being noticed.

*at the main entrance*

Yoshi was searching for a place to look for Wario and Waluigi. Then, he saw a sign pointing to a door. The sign was large and glow-in-the-dark and it said in blinking lights, "WARIO AND WALUIGI'S ROOM".   Yoshi wondered why their room would be in a basement, but he shrugged and went down the stairs. There were no lights on in the basement. Yoshi walked around and suddenly, a jack-in-the-box popped up and out of its box. Yoshi backed up a bit, startled. Then, he heard some wails and other related noises. Yoshi's heart skipped a beat when an ear-piercing scream rang out. He saw a light at the back of the huge room and he went closer to it. Once, Yoshi was about a meter away from the light, he saw a large, scary-looking shadow. Suddenly, a hologram appeared in front of Yoshi. Except, Yoshi thought it was real and not a hologram. 

"Har har har!" A monster laughed and he sounded strangely like Waluigi. "You shouldn't have come here. I would normally tell you to go back the way you came here and leave, but..." Another monster appeared.

"There's no way out! You might as well rot and die here!" the second monster sounded a bit like Wario, but Yoshi was too scared to notice. Yoshi ran towards the exit, stumbling a bit on his way. Luckily, he was a very fast runner. Yoshi dashed through the exit, the neon lights now flickering and sending sparks flying. He leapt through the door, a small explosion going off behind him. Meanwhile, Mario met Luigi near the main entrance.

"I couldn't find them," Mario said.

"Neither could I," Luigi replied. Then, Yoshi ran up to them. He looked like he had been scared out of his mind.

"They're not where I came from," Yoshi told Mario and Luigi, slightly out of breath.

"They tricked us," Mario said, a hint of disappointment and embarrassment in his voice.

"Let's just leave," Yoshi whispered, scared. Suddenly, Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi heard two screams. Wario stumbled over, a lampshade stuck to his head and Waluigi fell from the ceiling. Both of the brothers were covered in snakes they were planning to release onto their victims. Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi stared at Wario and Waluigi in surprise. "We should've never come here," Luigi muttered as he and his friends left. Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi were upset that they had been pranked on.

"I'm never going there again," Yoshi said.

Well... Did you like this chapter? I hope so. Fyi, @awzumnez helped me think of ideas for this chappie. In case you didn't already know, he's my bro! It would be nice of you to follow him. Anyways pls add, comment, vote, etc. Thanks!

- pinkandpeachy

Mushroom Highजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें