9. Group Work

*two weeks later, in Science class*

"You and a partner will put together a poster about an enviromental concern that must include facts and how we can solve the problem," Mr. Bro told the class. "Points for creativity and originality will be included. More details, such as the deadline, will be in this handout I'm about to give you." Mr. Bro distributed papers to the class. "I have assigned your partners already. They are..." Mr. Bro started to read from a list. "Dixie and Diddy, Mario and Donkey Kong, Bowser and Wario, Toadette and Birdo, Waluigi and Toad, Luigi and Yoshi, Boo and Rosalina, and Peach and Daisy."

"WHAT?!" Peach and Daisy both screamed.

"Peach and Daisy! I am not repeating what I just said again!" Mr. Bro said, thinking that Peach and Daisy said "WHAT?!" because they didn't hear him. Really, the two girls were surprised and unhappy. "Students, you may start brainstorming now." When Peach hadn't come over after about 5 minutes, Daisy decided that she should make the first move. She picked up her things and headed over to Peach's desk. Peach was... Applying lip gloss? Daisy sighed, making Peach look up from her compact mirror. She just stared at Daisy, a hint of hatred in her elegant blue eyes. 

"Look, we'll be working together for the next week. Can we at least tolerate each other for the time being?" Daisy asked.

"Whatever," Peach shrugged.

"Anyways," Daisy got out her binder, so she could take down notes. "I already have an enviromental concern in mind."

"What?" Peach questioned. If she was going to be with this loser, she should at least know what Daisy had planned for them.

"Why don't we meet up? We can plan everything then," Daisy suggested. Clearly, Daisy was trying to cooperate with Peach, no matter how annoying she was.

"Umm, ok. Walk home with me tomorrow, after school," Peach replied.

"Ok," Daisy gave Peach a smile that wasn't returned.

*after school*

Mario and Donkey Kong were walking to Donkey Kong and Diddy's house, so they could start their project. Donkey Kong and Diddy lived together, even if they weren't related. "Mario, I need to tell you something," Donkey Kong said after a semi-awkward silence.

"What?" Mario asked.

"... I don't mean you any harm," Donkey Kong answered.

"What do you mean?" Mario questioned.

"When my friends bully you, I never join them, incase you haven't noticed," Donkey Kong replied. "I don't care about being popular. I just am. But, I don't think my friends and I are higher than you and your friends on the social hierarchy. And if we are, we shouldn't rub it in your face."

"So... Why don't you try to stp them?" Mario asked hesitantly.

"Because... I'm scared," Donkey Kong admitted. It was surprising, really. Donkey Kong looked like he could beat you to bits, but he had never did that to anyone. In fact, whenever Donkey Kong was being mean- which was not as often as most of the other populars- it was obviously forced and unintentional. 

"Scared of what?" Mario raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"I'm scared... Of being judged," Donkey Kong replied truthfully. "If I stand up for you guys, I myself will be bullied. I'm sorry, but I'm just scared to do what's right. Bowser can be extremely scary when he wants to be. Just know that if I ever bully you, it's because Bowser and the other populars forced me to."

"It's ok, I can kind of understand your perspective," Mario said. "And thanks for being able to tell me, Donkey Kong."

"No prob," Donkey Kong grinned. "And call me DK.

I'm sorry that this was a short chapter but at least I was able to update... Right? I had Saturday school which really sucks so I only had last night and this morning to update! I've already planned out about 80% the book (I even know what the last chapters will be like!) and I can assure you that the second half of the book will be way better! Anyways pls add, comment, vote, etc. Thanks!

- pinkandpeachy