25. Bumping Into Rivals

*the following Friday, at Coconut Mall*

“There’s your favorite shop, Birdo!” Toadette said, pushing Birdo into Bow Avenue. It was a giant shop that sold all sorts of bows and it was Birdo’s absolute favorite place to visit in Coconut Mall.

“Yay!” Birdo squealed. “I heard they recently renovated.”

“Well, have fun!” Peach smiled. “Meet us in Shauna.” That was one of the many clothing shops that the popular girls went to all the time. Any teenage girl that shopped at Shauna was cool in Peach’s eyes- well, except for Rosalina and possibly Daisy.

Peach, Dixie, and Toadette entered Shauna and immediately split up to find stuff to buy. Peach found a hot pink crop top that said, You can’t sit with us in white letters. She started fangirling when she saw that there was one in her size. Peach also grabbed a pair of black and white tribal leggings that were in her size.

Peach went to the area at the back of the shop where all of the fitting rooms were. “Rosie, that looks so good on you!” a familiar voice exclaimed. Rosie? Could it be? Peach thought. She walked forward, then looked left and right.

Sure enough, Daisy and Rosalina were at the end of the fitting room aisle. Rosalina was wearing a mint skater skirt with a plain white tee that was tucked into the skirt. She was also wearing sky blue Keds with white lace.

Peach silently cursed at Rosalina’s awesome fashion sense. She stormed into an empty fitting room. Daisy and Rosalina still hadn’t noticed Peach or any of the other populars.

Dixie was looking at some sweaters and noticed one that was white and said, Ew, loser in black letters. “Ooh, I love saying loser! This sweater is perf for me!” Dixie giggled, taking one that was her size.

Then, she noticed Daisy and Rosalina in the accessories section. Rosalina handed Daisy a pair of translucent, pale orange, cat-eye sunglasses. Daisy put them on. Then, she glanced at a nearby mirror and a smile immediately appeared on her face. A few feet away from them, Toadette was looking at an owl necklace.

“Toadette!” Dixie called. “Dettie! DETTIE!”

“What?” Toadette looked up.

“Look behind you,” Dixie said. Toadette turned around and got so surprised that she jumped backwards. Then, she headed towards Dixie.

“Never expected to see that,” Toadette muttered. “But, that was a cute pair of sunglasses.”

“Don’t compliment them,” Dixie replied. “And we should go alert Peach.”

Peach was glancing at herself in the mirror. She had tried on the shirt and leggings. Peach batted her eyelashes, tossed her hair, and walked back and forth in the small space there was in the fitting room. Suddenly, someone started knocking on her door. “Peachy!” a voice said. It was obviously Toadette’s. Peach opened the door and saw Dixie and Toadette.

“OMG, YOU LOOK SO FREAKIN’ CUTE!” Dixie screamed. Toadette shushed her.

“Well, don’t I always?” Peach grinned.

“You should totes buy that,” Dixie said.

“Anyways, we came here to inform you that we saw Daisy and Rosalina,” Toadette told Peach.

“Oh, I knew that. Rosalina looked so pretty in the outfit she tried on that I wanted to slap both her and Daisy’s faces,” Peach rolled her eyes. “Actually, I always want to do that.”

“I know right!” Dixie agreed. “They’re so annoying and such losers!”

“Seriously though, Peach. You should buy that,” Toadette said.