[28] Back To That Damned Granny Again

Start from the beginning

                'But both of you don't believe there's any other threats from the corporation, apart from Alexandria herself?' I flicked through some pages of my clipboard.

                'No... not from S.H.A.D.O.W. at least...' The lieutenant replied unsurely.

                'At least?' I fixed him with a stare. 'What else could wish to do us harm?'

                'Well, you see here...' Desmond scratched his head. 'S.H.A.D.O.W.S's been having some problems the past few years... a lot of which Alex has been sent in to rectify.'

                'What kind of problems?' I asked slowly.

                'There's a similar company...' Jeremiah hesitated, 'more commonly known as L.I.G.H.T. by criminals in Japan's underworld.'

                'S.H.A.D.O.W. and L.I.G.H.T. had been neck and neck in job requests before Alexandria made her debut. She infiltrated and nearly wiped out their base, and the remaining members hold a very strong grudge.' Desmond murmured.

                'And the word is, they're regrouping, rehiring and back on the rise. And if they're still howling for blood...'

                'I need information on them. Now!' I snarled.

.: Alex :.

                Tamaki stopped suddenly, whirling on me.

                This time though, I didn't end up running into him! Good on me!

                'No.' He ordered, his eyes growing hard.

                'Woah, calm yo' farm.' I wagged a finger in his face. 'Don't go all pro—'

                'You will not go near her, understood?' He raised both of his hands to my face, pulling it close to his.

                'Why so serious?' I grumbled, but his eyes didn't lose their protective light. 'Jeez,' I tried to tug my head away, 'I never realised you liked your gran so much, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.'

                I shrugged as he let go, but I was pulled back into a back-breaking hug.

                'It's not her I like.'

                And I seriously thought I was bipolar. Literally one minute he was a happy idiot, the next, a possessive, protective and controlling weirdo.

                I'm so happy Haruhi warned me about this, or I'd be running for the hills right now.

                'Jesus, Tamaki,' I managed through clenched teeth as I was lifted off the ground, 'don't go all sappy on me! If you don't like her—I'm gonna kick her ass. If you do like her—I'm still gonna kick her ass. Got it?'

                He set me on the ground, resting his forehead against mine. 'I won't let her anywhere near you.'

                I raised an eyebrow.

                I levered up my foot and kicked him in the thigh; one of the least likely places for me to cause damage. He went flying backwards, rolling over and over several times before coming to a stop against the far window.

                'I am quite capable of protecting myself.' I giggled as he glared at me upside down.

                Shaking my head, I trotted over and helped him up.