[05] Holiday Dances And MORE Cake

~Holidays, so beautiful!~

                ~Take me to a place called paradise~

                ~Holidays, so beautiful!~

                ~Listening to the sound and closing my eyes~

                I lay on my bed, my face buried in my pillows. My earphones sang in my ears, blocking out all other noise. All of today.

                All of my mistakes.

                All of my problems.

                All of my faults.

                I clenched my hands in the black duvet, wishing for somebody who understood. Anybody. Preferably a cat, or maybe even a stuffed Pikachu. They listened without contradicting me, they were supportive in a silent way.

                Someone grabbed my shoulders, and I instinctively rolled over and threw him into the wardrobe with a loud bang.

                Oh.

                It was just Des.

                'Sorry.' I muttered, pulling out one earphone so I could hear him. Resting my chin on my pillow, I watched him dust himself off as he got up.

                'You've still got a strong throw.' He praised, rolling his shoulder and trying to fix his silver hair.

                'What do you want?' I sighed. I was still upset about before.

                'I just came to apologise.' He smiled awkwardly, and at first I thought he meant he was apologising for the incident with the Host Club, but then he continued, 'About the whole getting stabbed thing.' He shrugged uncomfortably.

                'Oh. That.' I rested my cheek back on the pillow, watching him sideways through half open eyes.

                'That? That? You got stabbed!' He motioned getting stabbed in the heart and falling over in a heap.

                'Psh, it wasn't that dramatic.' I rolled my eyes. I was surrounded by dramatic men.

                'Yeah it was—'cause you totally matrix-ed off a table!' He sat up, crossing his legs. 'But anyway, I'm sorry.'

                'You should be.' I groaned. 'I feel like I've been hit by a bus.'

                He winced. 'And if I'd listened to you, he would have left us alone?' It was probably supposed to be a statement, but the way he phrased it made it sound like a question.

                'Nah, I doubt it. He came in itching for a fight. Don't blame yourself.' I shrugged as well as I could lying down.

                'How could you be so laid—' He started.

                'Alexandria.' A deep voice interrupted.

                'Guy at my door.' I squeezed my eyes shut. Could nobody leave me to die in peace?

                'Your presence has been requested on the Council.'

                My eyes flew open. 'The Council?' I squeaked. Nobody ever ever goes to the Council. Unless they were about to die, figuratively.