[13] Those Goddamned Pins And Needles

That moment in time, when your career dream...

                ...comes totally true.

                Holy. Shit.

                'But only if your sure you want too...' I asked Honey again.

                Now that my stupid brain had caught up, I didn't need anybody else to explain the situation to me. I already knew about the whole kicking-his-dad's-ass and being-banned-from-fighting-at-his-full-potential stuff.

                And I say again: Holy. Shit.

                'It's no trouble, really!' He grabbed my hand, towing me back out of the glass doors and onto the grass. 'Especially if it will make you happy, Ale-chan.'

                'Make me happy?' I stumbled along behind him, surprised at his strength.

                'You always seem to be sad, not like you're about to cry, but sad like something bad has happened to you and you never really recovered. Besides, you sounded like you had wanted to test yourself for a long time!'

                Damn this little boy and his insightfulness.

                Just because nobody at the compound could even compare to me...and I'd always looked up to the perfect image of Mitsukuni and Takashi...

                Oh jeez.

                'Psh, I smile all the time!' I lied, and cringed because of it.

                'No you don't.' The twins jumped along beside us.

                'You may act like you're indifferent and cool,' Hikaru spoke.

                'But those times when you truly smile—it shows that you would rather be joining in on the fun.' Kaoru finished.

                I groaned.

                I don't know where they get this stupid analogies from.

                'Right...your definition of fun is way different to mine.' I answered drily, trying to ignore the facts the boys were laying out in front of me.

                Honey dropped my hand, pulling away to stand across from me. There was a generous two metre distance between us, and Mori stood to the side.

                'What style?' Honey cocked his head.

                'What about a cross between karate and judo?' I suggested.

                'That sounds like fun!' Honey placed his bunny in Haruhi's hands, and I looked around to see that all of the Hosts had followed us to watch.

                Everybody except Tamaki.

                His absence was noted...yet again.

.:Tamaki:.

                I watched from the large window as my friends filed out into the large garden.

                Honey and Alex squared up, and it was clear they were about to engage in combat. I was unsure as to what must have initiated this—but nobody looked particularly angry.