[24] You're Cool. I Swear On My Kick-Ass Honor

‘Suck it up…King.’ I tried to joke.

                Tamaki shot me an odd look. ‘I never thought you’d recognise me as your ruler.’

                ‘I don’t. I recognise you as the ginger’s ruler though.’ I flung a too-large pair of my motorbike pants at him.

                An old black shirt Des had left here a while ago looked like it would fit him, so that went flying too.

                ‘Oi!’ I growled as I turned around. ‘Hurry up! We could be caught at any time!’ I started unlacing the back of my dress.

                ‘You want me to change in front of you?’ His face flushed as he pulled the clothes to his chest.

                I stepped out of the deep blue dress in my underwear and bra, sending him a blank look. ‘I couldn’t care less what you do, but that white suit stands out like a sore thumb.’

                He clenched his eyes shut. ‘I will turn around… because I am a gentleman.’

                I snickered. It was almost like before.

                Almost.

                ‘Hurry up.’ I ordered again, pulling out my own motorbike pants, black bullet-proof vest, sweater, arm guards and boots.

                ‘You can run in that?’ He asked once he was finished lacing up.

                ‘You have time to talk like that?’ I thrust a revolver with two spare rounds at him. ‘Holster it. You’ll need it if you want to get out of here alive.’

                Of course I wasn’t going to let him hurt anyone.

                That was my profession. The gun was just a last resort, if I was shot down before I could get him out.

                ‘Holster it?’ He asked, and I sweat dropped.

                Hooking a belt around his waist, I crouched and hooked a few knives, the gun and a rope around it.

                Tamaki was watching me dubiously, and I backed up and nodded.

                ‘You're cool. I swear on my kick-ass honor, you look great.’ I patted his shoulder. ‘I’ll get you out of here alive,’ I added when he shot me a concerned look. ‘Even if it’s the last thing I do.’ I muttered and pulled on heavy gloves, the fingers severed and silver plates sewn into the palms.

                I slung a shotgun over my shoulder, cramming as many weapons as I could onto my body.

                ‘That’s what I’m worried about.’ Arms wrapped around my waist and I stiffened at the contact. ‘You shouldn’t have to go through this.’ He repeated. ‘You’re so strong, but you can’t protect everyone. Sometimes you need to be protected too.’ He smiled.

                I turned around and raised an eyebrow. ‘Do you know how to shoot that thing?’ I gestured to the gun.

                His scrunched up face was all the answer I needed.

                ‘Exactly. I’ll be doing to protecting around here, mister.’ I threw open my cupboard doors, throwing clothes into my duffel.

                Tamaki ignored my statement and instead questioned my motives again. ‘I thought we needed to be quick. What are you doing with the clothes?’