[19] It's Not A Break And Enter, Just Another Dream

.: Tamaki :.

                My groggy body jerked awake to the most blood curdling scream, and I leapt out of bed to stumble over to hit my lamp switch.

                I blinked under the sudden bright yellow light, goose bumps rising on my arms.

                I didn't know what it was that had made that sound, and I glanced around my room warily.

                Just as I was starting to relax again though, another scream sounded, turning my body to ice. I stood still for a moment before running over to my door and yanking it open in panic.

                What if someone was breaking in?

                What if people were dying?

                On second thoughts, I quickly ducked back and grabbed my baseball bat before I continued down the hallway.

                Loud whimpers came from my left, and I whipped my head in the direction of Alex's door.

                Was it her?

                I jumped over, pushing open her door and running over to the bed.

                'Alex? Alex! My princess!' I cried, dropping my bat and falling to my knees beside her bed.

                She was writhing around, her mouth wide open in a silent scream.

                'Alex! Alex, wake up!' I grabbed her shoulders and shook her, anxiety for her taking over.

                She screamed again, so loud I cringed when the pitch hurt my ears.

                'Alex, love, wake up! It's just a dream!'

.: Alex :.

                  It was the same as always—but different

                The faceless man read me a story while I sat on his knee, devouring a plate of cookies. The faceless woman walked out onto the porch and ruffled my hair, murmuring to the man. They laughed together, laughing for ages.

                The  black gaping hole appeared again where their mouth should be, dripping eye sockets staring out at me. Skeletal fingers reached for a cookie, and rotting flesh brushed past my arm.

                I tried to stand, but found I was tied to a hospital bench, in a different room.

                I was heading for a silver box, with a weird symbol on the door. Looking up, I saw the man pushing my chair was headless, an empty space where his head should be.

                And I screamed.

                But this time, I didn't wake up.

                I knew I was dreaming, but the terror I felt seemed real.

                Why couldn't I wake up?

                My tiny dream body shook with the force of my fear, and I screamed again as more people came towards me. I struggled against the bonds that held down my arms and legs, crying for someone to help me, anyone.