[26] Being Polite Had Never Been My Style

::..28 DAYS LATER..::

.: Alex :.

                'Time to get this over with...' I straightened my black tee, hiking up the pair of cargo-printed skinny jeans that kept falling down.

                My hair was braided back loosely, hanging down my back and swishing whenever I walked.

                Minimal makeup adorned my face and my pair of best friends—my combat boots—hugged my feet.

                Not the flashiest outfit, but it's my style. Any other girl about to come face-to-face with the media would've probably worn a dress.

                But I'm not any other girl.

                I knocked on the heavy oak door, signalling I was ready.

                Four uniformed guards streamed in, roughly pulling my hands behind my back and cuffing them.

                With a proud smirk I realised I was too awesome to only have two... so they gave me four just to be certain I wouldn't go on a rampage and harass members of the innocent civilian population.

                Heh.

                In the last four weeks I'd been holed up here, allowed two visitors per day but otherwise deprived of contact.

                A few of my possessions—after they'd been analysed appropriately—had been returned to me, on the condition I wouldn't cause any trouble.

                Trouble?

                Me?

                Psh, nah!

                Besides that, now that I knew S.H.A.D.O.W. was on the retreat, with not only the Haninozukas and Morinozukas hunting them, but Kyouya's police force coupled with Japan's main military, I could afford to surrender. They even had some strong leads on the C.E.O., not just because of my compliance, but that of Des and an unwilling Jacob as well.

                Tamaki was well on the way to recovery, and was released from the hospital two weeks ago. He'd proudly visited me, exhibiting his scar like a male peacock might his feathers.

                'Do you like it? I reckon you think I'm much hotter now!' He winked.

                He was also under tight surveillance, being escorted everywhere until after the court case was closed.

                After all, they can't just let a murderer run free, now can they?

                Apparently a number of other people had filed cases against me, and I was in for a doozy of a sentence.

                I honestly couldn't bring myself to care though.

                Now that Tamaki was certainly safe, I was free to give the fuck up! An apartment was never within my reach anyway. Besides, who had the time to renovate them?

                My imagination started to hack my dream apartment to pieces in my head.

                'Now, now boys... be gentle okay?' I teased softly, the same four men having grown used to my snide comments over the month.