[25] Bullet-Proof Vests Aren't Just For Show

Crap, how could I have been so self-centred?

                Thinking they would chase after me... wanting to kill me after only a day of disobedience.

                No... It was nothing like that.

                If they had Tamaki and killed his father, he would be the next head of his company and therefore entitled to the money. If they threatened to harm legitimately anyone Tamaki would obey their wishes, making him easy prey.

                Sometimes that idiotic blonde can be to compassionate for his own good.

                'Slow down!' Tamaki's panicked voice ordered.

                'No!' I countered, swerving around a corner so fast the bike nearly spun out of control.

                His arms pulled tight around my waist, nearly restricting my breathing.

                The pain felt good. It kept my head clear, my goals obvious.

                'He can't die. You've already lost your mum... your dad can't go too.' I whispered and sped down nearly dark streets.

                Nearly dark... nearly time...

                'What time was your dad meeting with the others?'

                'He was away the past few days on a meeting, and was coming back to meet with the Hikaru and Kaoru's parents for this one. It's my understanding Kyouya's, Honey's, and Mori's will be there also. I'm pretty sure dad invited Haruhi's mother—er father—as well.'

                Fuck... a perfect gathering of the pampered livestock.

                Livestock about to be slaughtered.

                'Yes, but what time?!' I asked again, nearly at Ouran.

                It was within my knowledge that the meeting was supposed to be at the Academy, because of the club. But then again, the parents could be in shock that Tamaki was kidnapped.

                'Seven o'clock.'

                Faster...

..::..::..

                'C'mon!' I yelled as I jumped off the bike, throwing the helmet on the ground. 'They could strike at any time!'

                Not turning to see if he was following, I ran across the manicured lawn looking for the courtyard where Tamaki said it should have been held in.

                'This way!' He grabbed my hand and we ran side-by-side through silent buildings.

                'C'mon, c'mon, c'mon...' I whispered.

.: Kyouya :.

                'Alexandria is a member of the S.H.A.D.O.W. should we say... company. My father's men are racing to their supposed location now. The company specialise in theft, assassination, murder and robbery. It is understood it was her duty to ransom your son... Mr. Suoh. She supposedly disobeyed orders and instead protected him, hence why she has been attacked as well.' I scanned my notes once more, adjusting my glasses.