♔ 02 ♔

♔ c h a p t e r   t w o ♔ pikachu should stay in its pencil case

︻┳═一 ❀ 一═︻┳

I dropped into a seat in the middle of the classroom, glaring at several people who approached and tried to speak to me. They could take their false praise and friendship elsewhere. My ‘family’ had nothing to offer them anyway. Honestly, you could read these air-for-brains students like a book - constantly thinking about their own gain and well-being.

I guess I'm no different, in that sense.

Tapping my pen to a beat in my head as I waited for the teacher, I mentally ran through my purpose here. Aquire Tamaki Suou; do not get caught; to not engage in / initate contact with other students. Prevail.

The teacher was late—over twenty minutes worth. These people had no sense of time management or those who depended on their presence. None of the students were seemingly worried though.They were huddled around desks happily, laughing, joking, having fun. I was the only one who had my notebook open and a yellow, Pikachu-toting pen at the ready.

"Hello!" A cheery voice called. When I didn't react, hoping they would leave me alone - they continued. "I'm Haruhi! Are you okay?" I raised my head, my blue eyes icing over as they met a wide pair of brown. "I’m  fine." I growled lowly, my mouth pressed in a straight line. This guy looked shady. And too feminine for his own good.

"Lighten up a little. It's your first day, isn't it?" Two orange-haired boys leant against my desk, surrounding me along with the little brown-haired boy. "You can’t scare us away with a glare." The one on the right added.

"Don’t be mean." Haruhi sighed, shoving them slightly in the shoulders. "She might be having trouble adjusting to a school like this."

"I’m fine." I repeated through my teeth and narrowed my eyes to slits. "Go away." All three boys seemed surprised by my bluntness, but stubbornly stayed where they were. The twins slung hands around each other’s shoulders and pouted.

"Why? The Host Club is here to help any girl in need!" They grinned mischievously.

"Host Club, eh…?" A small, private smile graced my lips as I recognized the boys from the photo. Tamaki Suou was a member of that particular group - and therefore must be close to them. He would be in their presence sometimes then for club activities and things - 

"Yes! You should come later - we’re hosting a flower ceremony out in the gardens!" One twin cried, pumping his fist in the air as he interrupted my thoughts.

"No." I stated plainly, frowning again. I was here to finish this bloody job - not to socialize with frivolous boys. But if I went to this Host Club... I'd be outta here sooner, right?

I kept that thought to myself.

"You could at least try to be nice to Hikaru and Kaoru." Haruhi watched me weirdly, before returning to his desk in front of mine as the teacher waddled in. Haruhi sat between the twins, shooting me one last confused look. I just glared back, twirling Pikachu between my fingers. And the twins—Hikaru and Kaoru—just poked their tongues out childishly.

"Could you please open your textbooks to page forty-seven…" The teacher started to drone, and I fell into the familiar rhythm of learning.

︻┳═一 ❀ 一═︻┳

"Goddamn it, goddamn it, god-freaking-damn it!" I growled under my breath, searching below my desk. I was the last in the room—even the teacher had left. While trying to dodge Haruhi, Hikaru and Kaoru, while continuing to flick my pen - I'd had dropped my Pikachu pen and it' rolled away into the goddamn abyss of the classroom floor.