[20] I Hate Bribes, Especially Involving Bananas

(WHAT?! CHAPTER 20 ALREADY?!) ლಠ益ಠ)ლ

.: Kyouya :.

                I ran a hand through my hair, tousling it.

                My low coffee table was much clearer this time, with only three pieces of paper on it.

                However, it was these three articles that were frustrating me to the point of anger.

                'Really, Kyouya? Is this girl so important to you?' Fuyumi, my older sister, sighed as she walked in.

                'No, not to me.' I growled back, my eyes darting over their headlines again. 'But to another, yes. She could be quite the problem.'

                Fuyumi opened one of my many draws, proceeding to try and organise its contents.

                'Oh? Who to then? They must be quite the special person if you're going to this much trouble! I honestly haven't seen you so frustrated since meeting Tamaki when he first transferred!'

                'It is Tamaki.' I sighed, taking off my glasses and folding them with a snap.

                Rubbing my temples, I rose and started to pace the room.

                The first and original article might have been a fluke.

                Russia.

                The second might have been a coincidence.

                Australia.

                The third...         

                ...the third that was the precise and explicit rule that brought the pattern into play though.

                Japan.

                There was no way, even coupled with the other two, that the third could have ever been a mishap.

                'Fuyumi, would you please stop it? I've asked you a million times to stop rummaging around my drawers like that!' I clenched my eyes shut and joined my hands behind my neck.

                'What was that? I'm not rummaging. I'm just trying to organize all your clothes for you, Kyouya!' She replied, trying to squeeze in another pair of jeans.

                No family.

                No nationality.

                No commitments.

                She not only fit the requirements...

                ...but filled them to their utmost limit.

.: Tamaki :.

                I blocked the doorway with my body, watching as Alex's face slowly froze over into an unreadable mask.

                'Alex?' I asked unsurely. 'Love, it would be best to tell someone about them. After all, it obviously isn't the first time you've had it.'

                Some incomprehensible emotion flitted across her face, but she averted her eyes and stared out of my large windows.

                If it hadn't of been for how intently I was staring, I probably wouldn't have heard her soft murmur.