33 : Request

Namjoon almost jumps in surprise when someone taps him on the shoulder while he's day dreaming away in the hallway.

Curious, he turns back, only to see a semi-familiar guy. Has he met him before?

Before he could ask, the boy speaks first.

"Hey so you're like the secretary, right?" He babbles, looking panicked.

"Um yeah." Namjoon answers carefully, "And you are?"

"I'm the dude who ordered the big ass elephant."

Oh.

"Ah yes. That." Namjoon's expression sours at the memory, "You don't want another one...do you?"

The guy hums, "Well. Technically I'm not asking for another one."

"Excuse me."

"Maybe something smaller this time." He explains, quickly gesturing to a nearby door and gesturing madly at it. "Like maybe half this door tall."

Namjoon sighs, "The festival is done. Our budget isn't used for just buying stuff like that, you know."

"Okay then I'm asking for this as a friend." The guy immediately replies, looking desperate.

"No offense but I barely know you." Namjoon quips back.

"My name is Kunpimook Bhuwakul--"

"--what the fuck--"

"--but you can call me BamBam."

"Where did you get BamBam from--" He pauses, unable to repeat Bambam's name. "--from whatever that name was."

"The Flinstones." He answers gleefully. "Okay are we friends now? Were friends now."

Namjoon hasn't even said anything about himself yet.

"What do you need another elephant plushie for, anyway?" He asks, trying to stray the topic away from the concept of spending more money.

Bambam rocks on his heels shyly, "I'm proposing to somebody." He gives Namjoon a look full of determination, "So I need something big."

"Aren't you too young to be going off proposing to someone?"

"No! I'm an adult!" Bambam whines, "And if I don't propose soon, he'll get whisked away by some dude!"

Namjoon raises a brow. "You know you can just, date."

"No I need to tie the knot, better early than sorry." Bambam says, nodding to himself at his philosophy.

Amazing priorities this guy has, Namjoon thinks.

"I'm still not buying you another giant elephant." Namjoon deadpans, "What happened to the last one, anyway?"

"Oh, Jinyoung used that to propose to Jaebum."

Namjoon rubs his temples at the news, feeling a headache already coming. "That was school property..."

"So since that worked on Jaebum, who is the most stoic guy I've ever encountered, I figured it'd work with Yugyeom too." Bambam explains, ignoring Namjoon's statement.

"Come on Namjjuk--"

"--it's Namjoon--"

"--buy me another plushie! I'll pay you back, I promise!"

"Can't you just buy one yourself? It kinda loses some sentiment to it if you get another guy to buy it." Namjoon says, still trying to discourage the boy from borrowing the schools money to confess.

"I'm broke." Bambam answers simply with a smile.

"Also since you bought the giant elephant that got Jinyoung and Jaebum together, I figured you'd have the magic touch when it comes to choosing gifts. That means more chances of Yugyeom saying yes!"

--

Namjoon walks to the lounge groggily, having all of his energy sapped from Bambam's overzealousness.

In the end, he unfortunately had to agree to Bambam's request for the sole reason that if he didn't, Bambam would not shut the hell up.

Namjoon stops in front of the lounge and opens the door slowly, only to notice someone sitting at Jin's usual chair.

"Hello?" He calls out, wary to talk to a stranger. "Um, hey, have you seen--"

The guy turns around and it nearly gives Namjoon a heart attack.

"Namjoon?"

It's Jin.

But he dyed his hair black.

"Jin?"

"Namjoon."

"Jin."

Jin stifles his laugh, "Is this the side effect of not talking to each other for a day or two?" He blinks and flutters his eyelashes mockingly. "Can't speak anything other than our names?"

"I was saying your name, but that doesnt matter." Namjoon can't stop staring at Jin's, once, not cotton candy hair. "Jin you--you dyed your hair?"

Jin hums, "Forgot to do it before the festival happened, so here we are."

Jin squishes his cheeks together and grins at Namjoon. "Does it look good?"

"It's certainly...tamer." Namjoon answers reluctantly.

Jin pouts, disappointed. "What do you mean?"

"I expected something crazy like blue or neon."

"Well, can't a guy enjoy his natural hair color for once?" Jin says, hands on his hips as he gives Namjoon a sly smirk. "And can't I get an 'I miss you'?"

"What for?"

"You've been ignoring me for two days Namjoon."

"I wasn't doing it deliberately." Namjoon says, "I was just busy. With work."

Jin scoffs. "Namjoon, any work within school premises involves me in some form but I haven't seen you around at all."

"Just--Can we talk about it later? I need your help with something."

Jin shrugs, "Yes?"

"We're going to have to buy another big plushie."

"Why's that?" Jin asks, genuinely confused.

"Somebody named Bambam wants to conffess his undying love for someone."

"Huh." Jin gives Namjoon a narrowed glance, "Dont you usually brush off requests like this, Joonie?"

"He won't stop talking unless I said yes." Namjoon sighs as he remembers Bambam's persistence earlier, "He wants me to choose the gift because he thinks I have the magic touch..in gift choosing?"

Jin's grin grows wider as Namjoon continues to talk. "And how did he come to that conclusion?"

"Apparently the large elephant we bought for their booth got someone named Jaebum and Jinyoung together so he wants in."

"Aw."

Namjoon frowns, "The elephant's still supposed to be school property."

"Dont worry, when I profess undying love, I'll just buy you a ring."

Namjoons sighs out in exasperation. "That sounds worse."

"Anyway, let's help him out." Jin states with excitement. "I think Yugyeom and him make a cute couple."

Namjoon's brows furrow at the mention of Bambam's crush. "How'd you know that it's Yugyeom?"

"I have my sources." Jin answers with a smile.

Namjoon leans back on the nearby wall as he stares up at the ceiling in annoyance. "So we're a couple of matchmakers now."

"A couple indeed." Jin says as he twirls around with his chair.