3 : Cakes

"Mom, I'm home!" Jin shouts from the living room, a weary Namjoon in tow. "Joonie's sleeping over!"

"No I am not!" Namjoon shouts back, making his intention to leave quickly clear to him.

Jin's mother emerges from the kitchen and kisses him on the cheek, "Welcome back." She greets before walking up to Namjoon and giving him a hug. "It's always nice to see you Namjoon."

"Likewise, ma'am." Namjoon replies cordially, adjusting his hand on the straps of bags he's carrying.

She pulls away, gasping at how much he held, "Isn't that heavy?"

"No I'm fine." He says in haste, giving Jin a look.

Jin whistles turning away and pretending to stare at nothing in interest. "I'm just dropping this." Namjoon continues, nodding slightly to the door.

"Oh no, you can stay for dinner." She says, patting his cheek. "As a thank you for putting up with my son's shopping problem."

"Really? I mean I'm okay, I can just eat on my way back."

She shakes her head and pats him on his shoulder, "Nonsense, I'll call you two when dinner is ready." She says, sauntering back to the kitchen.

Namjoon sighs and throws the shopping bags unto the couch, collapsing beside it. He groans in relief at the soft cushions. He sets down the heavy printer on the floor gently, "Your mom is nice."

"She is." Jin sighs out lovingly.

"Too bad you aren't."

Jin blows him a kiss and Namjoon catches it, only to throw it somewhere behind him.

The printer mishap is now fixed, thanks to Jin's help.

Namjoon is relieved to see it back, though when asked to print anything, he will aggressively try to give the responsibility to someone else.

He's slightly traumarized by the accident, so he won't be near printers for a while.

Jin snickers at him when he catches Namjoon glaring at it from afar. "You okay, Joonie?"

"Never better." Is Namjoon's reply.

Now that's there's only a week before the school festival, he's preoccupied with the preparations.

Despite this, he still harbors his hate for the printer constantly.

They're back in the council's meeting room, planning the materials required to decorate the school for the open festival.

It's been a tradition to hold these festivals to promote their school and student's creativity.

At times he considers them amazing, but when he's the one working behind the scenes, he wishes it would just get cancelled.

"Do you mind helping me here?" Jin calls, gesturing to the pile of papers on his desk. "Since you did say you're 'never better'."

Namjoon nods, dragging a seat behind him to sit across Jin. "I know. That means a lot of planning on our part."

"Mmhm." Jin replies, crossing his legs. "So if you don't mind, I'll take your mind off that printer."

Jin's blinding grin doesn't have an effect on him, "By giving me menial labor?"

"But of course." Jin replies, tucking hair behind his ears nonchalantly. "I mean, what else could I do?"

Namjoon doesn't say anything, only picking up the pen on the desk.