18 : Lunch

When Namjoon finally gets ahold of the situation, he forces the three of them to go buy something to eat.

Jin protests when Namjoon denies his request to visit Yoongi.

"I want to check out Yoongi's cafe." He complains, dragging his feet on the floor. "Why can't we eat there?"

"They only have dessert." Namjoon replies, nearly stumbling when Jin's grip tugs him back a bit. "Jimin knows another cafe with actual food anyway."

Jimin smiles at the mention of his name, catching up with the both of them to link his arm with Jin. "Yeah! Don't worry, they have dessert too!" He exclaims, "It's run by the first years."

"First years, huh?" Jin mutters, "Alright. Maybe I can see Kookie on the way." He says letting go of Namjoon to prance ahead with Jimin, who stumbles.

Namjoon watches them warily, "You seriously need to tune down your creep levels."

"Kookie?" Jimin asks while he matches Jin's steps, confused at the weird nickname. "Who's Kookie?"

"A very adorable young man." He states, patting Jimin's arm around his. "Oh and his full name is Jungkook."

At the mention of the familiar namesake, Jimin gasps. "Jungkook!" He repeats, "I know him! He helped me out when I was out to pick up the pillows."

Jin suddenly stops in his tracks, Namjoon nearly collides with them as he takes Jimin by the shoulders.

"Did your heart skip a beat?"

Jimin opens his mouth and closes it. Too confused to reply.

"What?" He manages to ask.

Jin leans back, looking up the ceiling in thought. "I already have a ship name in mind." He turns back to Jimin with a grin. "Jiko--"

"What he means to say is," Namjoon starts, cutting in between them and giving Jin a look. "Jungkook's a great guy and it's nice that you got to meet him already. I'm sure you two would get along." He explains gently, giving Jin a jab to the side.

Jimin nods slowly, glancing at Jin for reassurance.

"You two would make a great pair too." Jin comments, waving a dismissive hand.

"You know, cute soft boy with hot muscular bo--"

"Jin, shut your gay mouth." Namjoon interrupts.

Jin gasps, reeling back in disgust. "Excuse you." He exclaims as he places a hand on his chest, offended. "I am Bi."

"That still includes wanting to fuck dudes."

"Glad to hear you know my agenda." Jin counters with a shrug.

"It's my job to know." Namjoon says, turning back to Jimin who looks incredibly uncomfortable. "I'm sorry Jimin."

"U-Uh." Jimin stutters, "How do you know Jungkook?" He asks, trying to change the subject.

Jin pushes Namjoon to the side, facing Jimin fully. "He works part-time at my favorite dessert shop." He smiles, "I visit everyday."

"It's terrifying how you don't even gain weight." Namjoon comments offhandedly.

Jin hums, "Exercise. And--" He leans into Namjoon's personal space again. "Exercise."

Namjoon sighs deeply, dragging a beet red Jimin along with him to walk ahead, ignoring Jin's whining from behind.

--

Jungkook nervously follows behind the trio, a little offended at Jin's words but too curious to come up to them and end their conversation.

Namjoon was a man that intrigued him, being able to stand beside Jin without losing his cool was nothing short of a miracle.

Not to mention the constant flirting he has to put up with.

Namjoon must have the patience of a saint.

"If we ever go on another date," He hears Jin say from a distance, the man nudging Namjoon teasingly. "Let's try to keep the same pace, okay?"

Or they're dating...?

Jungkook frowns, a little disturbed. But if they were to date, he supposes Namjoon would be a great match for--

Jungkook nearly trips on his own feet.

What the fuck is he thinking.