Chapter 4- Race Day

22/7/18- German GP

I strolled towards the paddock club, I was here bright and early just to get a feel of what it's like in the mornings for an article I might be doing. I hadn't stopped at the hotel to get breakfast so I was stopping at the paddock club to grab a breakfast roll or something. The place around me was buzzing, with mechanics, fans, the drivers themselves and others all walking by. 

"Morning," Daniel Ricciardo chimed as he walked by, he soon stopped in his tracks and walked backwards towards me again. "I know you from somewhere don't I," He thought aloud "Well when I interviewed you in Austria maybe," I suggested. 

"Nope, I remember now. You were just in a lot less clothes the last time I met you," he laughed, Daniels PR turned to look at me then and I blushed a crimson red. I pulled Daniel aside and told him "you can't just joke around like that, Lewis and I decided that we would forget about it," I said. 

"Ok then, see you around little one," he said, patting me on the head "I'm only 2 years younger!" I called to him. "And I don't know how much shorter," he joked, I sighed letting a smile spread across my face. 

I continued to walk around the paddock, completely engrossed in the scene. A pair of hands caught me by the waist and covered my eyes. "Guess who," a masculine voice spoke, I knew who it was. "I don't know give me a clue," I smiled "he's sexy, smart and fashionable," he said. I fake gasped "Oh my god is it Fernando Alonso," I joked, he turned me around uncovering my eyes. 

I looked into his eyes, the glint in them visible. "Even better," he laughed, pecking me on the lips and wrapping his arms around my waist. I placed my hands on his chest "Lewis we can't do stuff like this in public," I said seriously, giving him a little nudge so that we were a safe distance away. "There's no paps here at this time anyway," he countered, moving a step closer. 

"But there are fans," I spoke carefully, his face fell. "Oh yeah, but I'm not with anyone," he said, "Lewis this isn't for you, it's for me. I don't want to be involved in such a big and public relationship, especially if it's just physical," I replied. He moved back again "meet you when I win."

I sat down in a quiet place and wrote about the feel of being in the paddock and the pit lane. I didn't even realise the race was about to begin until Dave came to tell me. "Time to watch the race Eli," he smiled cautiously "oh ok, I'm coming."

As Lewis said he would do he won and I'm very proud of him. But I'm more proud of Charles Leclerc, after Redbulls disastrous double retirement and the Valtteri, Kimi incident Charles was in a good place. He qualified in eighth anyway, but with four top runners out and a few amazing overtakes he managed to bag fourth place. 

I walked towards the Mercedes hospitality center to congratulate Lewis but I heard sniffling by the Sauber hospitality. Being my nosey self I had to see who it was "Hey you ok?" I asked, not seeing who the person was.

"Um yeah I'm fine," they choked "you don't sound it," I said, finally looking to see who the person was. 

"Oh, hi Charles."

I sat down beside him "your going to tell me what's wrong, then your going to celebrate with your team," I told him. "My mother is sick and we don't know if she's going to be ok. She was going to come to this race but then she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, it would be amazing for her to see me race but she can't. She can barely even remember who I am," he sobbed "it's ok Charles, you just need to be strong, for her and for your dad. He'd want you to race and I'm sure he's proud of you right now, your mam is too."

I cuddled into him, took his hand and rubbed circles on it with my thumb. "My personal life lately has been really messed up. My girlfriend just left me, Jules is gone, My dad is gone, my mother isn't well. Nothing in it is secure, not even where I'm going next year," He sniffled "well look at me. One of my parents is dead, the other hates me, I'm sleeping with Lewis Hamilton, I just secured a job and apartment after 2 years of living with my serial cheating boyfriend."

"We're both pretty screwed over but no matter what, you can't let it get you down. The more you let it get to you the more you fall apart," I said wisely, Charles was now lying in my lap with his hand on his stomach. I was still holding his hand and rubbing circles with my thumb. We stared at each other before someone's fake cough interrupted us. 

"Hey Eli, what you doing?" Lewis asked "comforting Charles," I answered truthfully. Charles looked between Lewis and I, knowing we were sleeping with each other. "Why are you comforting him behind his motor home?" He asked, his jealously showing through. I didn't want to say anything about what Charles told me about so I asked Charles to leave so that I could talk to Lewis. 

"I'm not going to say what we were talking about, but he was feeling down so I was talking to him," I explained "yes holding his hand, rubbing circles over it and staring deeply into each other's eyes is talking!" He raised his voice. He was going to draw attention.

"Lewis keep your voice down, you'll attract the paparazzi," I said calmly "how about we talk later, Charles and I are going out."

"You owe me something," he reminded me. I gave him a quick peck, pushed him against the wall and whispered in his ear "later."

I softly bit his earlobe, earning a quiet moan before moving to his neck. I sucked on his obvious sweet spot, leaving a mark. Then I gave him a wave and walked away to meet Charles.

I love writing the tiny little teases and I absolutely love the new cover. Thank you so, so much to OFFTH3MARK for making it. 🧡