Chapter 16- Home

31/7/18- Hungary 

Me: meet you guys in 5 minutes, I'm walking down the stairs now

Honey Badger: see you then

Stoff: see you soon 😉

"Why do you never answer my FaceTime calls?" I moaned when Charles answered my call "I'm not going to make up an excuse and instead leave you to wonder," he laughed. 

"Well I'm leaving now, as in I have a suitcase and I'm making my way down the stairs. I already texted on the group chat, they're downstairs," I told him "I'll be down in a few minutes," he informed me before he hung up.

The boys I met downstairs were Valtteri, Kimi, Daniel, Max, Charles, Lance and Nico. Everyone else went home yesterday or on Sunday, they were on a hurry to start they're holidays. Not Lewis though he was dawdling off elsewhere with a bunch of sluts just to annoy me.

"Bye guys, I'm gonna miss you," I smiled sadly giving them all a massive group hug. "My cars here, I'll see you in Belgium!" I called as I ran to catch it, while waving at whoever was still behind me.

I caught my plane just in time and was finally on my way home to Ireland. 

I arrived home midday and decided to do my Aldi shop, I caught a taxi to Aldi and went shopping.

I strolled around the store picking up the usual things I would buy when I was actually home for a week or two. "Ooh where are the deals? Wow 2 bottles of wine for €5!" I said to myself "I'm getting the good bargains today."

I pushed my trolley over to the check out point, two of the cashiers happened to be gossiping "di'ya here what Mary did to Cliodhna, Mary told David to stay away from her sister and David said 'jokes on you I'm actually fuckin' your ma' like what?" One of them exclaimed, the other looked wide eyed.

 "Sounds like the John and Maria scandal all over again," I commented, making the two women jump and turn around. As they turned recognition spread across their faces "Elizabeth we didn't think you would be back for another day," a blonde one said "well Saoirse, I'm full of surprises and where'd you hear that story Maeve," I laughed.

I caught up on all the gossip while the girls checked out all of my groceries. "So Eli, what happened with you while you were travelling?" Maeve asked "I hooked up with an F1 driver and now I'm going on a date with a different one. I've been rumoured to be dating five Formula One drivers during my so far short interviewing career," I summarised. 

After the catch up I caught another taxi and drove home. It was now 3pm and I was getting about three calls every minute even though I was trying to watch Mama Mia and Mama Mia 2. 

I grumpily answered the phone "what the fuck do you want?" I asked the person over the phone, an unfamiliar female voice spoke. "Hey is this Lewis' ex?" She asked me "why do you need to know?" I questioned suspiciously.

"Because if you are I want you to stay away from my Lew-lew," she demanded, I stifled a laugh and asked for Lewis. 

"Hello," he spoke groggily "you need a password on your phone," I informed him. "Oh, oh hey Elizabeth. How have you been?" He said trying to make conversation "better now that I see you less. Now I gotta go, bye," I hung up.

Then I got another call before I could even unpause Mama Mia.

 "This better be good, because I'm watching Mama Mia," I grumbled to Stoffel. "Why don't you come to Monaco and we can have that date I asked you on? I already miss you," he inquired "No Stoff I'm not leaving home I just got back," I moaned over the phone. 

"Please come visit me," Stoff begged. "I want to be able to smell that wet leaf and rain smell for a while longer," I spoke thoughtfully. "What do you mean wet leaf and rain smell?" He asked. "It's what I imagine fresh air actually smells like. It's after it's rained and your in a wooded area the water on the leaves gives off a fresh smell, it's amazing," I explained lustily. 

"Why don't we meet up halfway then, like in France or Spain," he suggested "as much as I want to go to Paris and Barcelona I just don't want to leave home yet," I told him. "I never said Barcelona or Paris," Stoffel complained "if I'm going to agree to flying to some country for a date we are going to Paris or Barcelona," I spoke.

"Fine, Barcelona then and we can set a date that's like halfway through the month," he thought "yeah that sounds fine, how about the 11th," I suggested "I'll keep it free," Stoffel informed me, we said goodbye and hung up. 

I also finished both the Mama Mia movies.

Damn it, I did it again. This time I just pressed the wrong button. Pre-writing.