Chapter 19- Marvel

22/8/18 + 23/8/18- Belgium

"It's the first week back in F1, of course I'm not okay dumbass!" I screamed at Daniel "jeez I just asked if you were okay," he replied. "I'll just go get Stoffel or Charles, they always listen to your ranting," he teased "fuck off Ricciardo," I spoke, still a little angry at him for his Renault switch and he strolled back to his motorhome. It's the Wednesday before the Belgian GP that was the day the press annoyed the drivers but the drivers were feeling very free and were annoying the press instead. 

I did my usual interviews with ten guys on the grid and would do the other ten tomorrow. I just walked around the paddock when I was done planning on going back to the hotel after a visit to Charles and Stoffel. 

"Hey Guys is Charles here?" I asked politely after knocking on the Sauber motorhome "no I think he went off somewhere with Daniel," one of Charles engineers told me. I muttered a thanks and went off to see Stoffel. "Hey Stoff!" I called as he walked towards his motorhome, he turned to me and a bright smile grew on his face. He waited for me and when I reached him he pulled me in for a hug and a quick kiss. I stopped him after the kiss "let's not be too public, I can see my producer using this for something and I don't think I'm ready for the hate yet," I spoke honestly, he nodded his head and we walked to his drivers room. Stoffel was walking a few paces ahead of me and I wondered why, suddenly I stopped wondering when a big bucket of ice cold water splashed over my head. 

"Fuckity, fuck, fuck, fuck!" I sung as a piece of ice fell down into my bra "Daniel Ricciardo, Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc get down here right now," I ordered "your not of the hook either Vandoorne." One by one the boys appeared, I didn't even need to look up to know who had pranked me. It was Daniels idea and Max was happy to help, Stoffel was wheeled in against his will and Charles was bored. I know those boys too well.

"Stoffel I would expect better from you, you being my loving boyfriend and all. Charles I know you don't get much action being young and all but please occupy yourself in a way that doesn't involve ruining your reputation with women further," I said, as Max and Daniel sniggered at my comment towards Charles who had gone a bit pink. "And you Daniel this is F1, the only championship you win here is the world championship. The comedy championship is for people like Tommy Tiernan and he's beating you in that championship too. Now onto you Max, you earned the nickname Crashstappen for being an idiot on track don't be an idiot off track too."

I finished my little rant shivering but smiling slightly at each of the lads faces. Stoffel passed me a towel and I wrapped myself up, then they all launched into speech at the same time but the only thing I heard was the chorus of sorrys. Then I felt the bone crushing hug of four muscular men. "Alright now I'm going to the hotel to dry off and go have a snooze or just sleep because I'm wrecked," I smiled, giving Stoffel a quick kiss and the rest of the boys a chaste kiss on the cheek.

Then I went back to my hotel room.

Thursday.

I strolled happily through the paddock, today I was feeling much better and a lot less stressed. I walked around to the Sauber motorhome not being stopped by anyone because the Sauber boys welcomed me. I made my way down the hallways and turned the corner.

"Ahh, why do I keep walking in on this stuff!" I shrieked, covering my eyes "wait Charles?" I questioned. "Hey Eli," he replied, embarrassed. "Hi Eli," a familiar female voice said next "Oh my god Cardi is that you?" I asked, uncovering my eyes and seeing my twenty-two year old Hispanic friend sitting on Charles lap. 

"Cardi why the fuck are you shifting my bestfriend?" I asked suspiciously "this better not be a shift and drift thing," I added. She looked at me then Charles.

"Because I will unfriend you if you hurt Charles," I teased "So your replacing your real friends with your racing friends," she joked although I suspect she wasn't completely joking. "No of course not, Charles is a real friend, he knows everything about me," I defended "well I'm your real friend too and I know everything about you," she added. 

"That's why it would be so sad if I had to unfriend you," I replied, leaving them both to do whatever they wanted. 

I then went over to see my boyfriend Stoffel. "Hey Stoff," I called lightly, remembering to knock on the door this time. "Come on in babe!" Stoffel called, I opened the door and pulled him in for a kiss. 

"Are we ever going to be able to go out in public?" Stoffel suddenly asked, I stopped for a minute and thought, finally coming to a decision. "How about when we've been dating for a month," I smiled "Yeah I'll go for that," he laughed. 

"We still have a while to wait then," he commented "why do you want to tell everyone?" I asked him. He nodded "I want to tell everyone now, tell the world that your mine so you don't have to keep turning down desperate guys," he spoke "Well I like you a lot, so why don't we tell everyone tomorrow," I reasoned.

 He towered over my 5.3 figure as he pulled me in for a hug. "Now I've got to go, I still have stuff to do," I smiled, meaning I still had ten drivers to interview and Stoff wasn't one of them. "I'll see you tonight!" I called as I strolled out of his drivers room.

Tonight.

I knocked on Stoffels hotel door this time and he opened it. Looking left and right before pulling me in for dramatic effect "what was that for?" I laughed. "Nando been on to me for ages and you said we can't tell too many people," he said "yeah well I guess Nando can find out, he is your teammate and basically my dad," I reasoned. 

"We can tell him tomorrow though because we're telling everyone then," he said, I laughed at him and agreed. "Have you had anything to eat yet?" Stoff asked me "Yeah I just ate at the restaurant downstairs," I informed him, he smiled and we sat down on the couch.

"So what movie do you want to watch?" He asked me, I thought for a long time "have you seen Guardians of the Galaxy?" I asked him, he shook his head. "Babe if your going to date me you have to have seen at least 5 of the Marvel movies, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Transformers, Titanic and Dirty Dancing," I laughed. 

He looked at me "I've seen Star Wars, Transformers and Dirty Dancing," he said, I sniggered "I was kidding about the last two, but we have a lot to watch."

So we decided to watch both Guardians of the Galaxy and Infinity War. Halfway through Infinity War I fell asleep, good thing I had already seen it twice. I was half awake when I felt Stoffel lift me to the bed "goodnight love," he whispered in my ear.

I hummed in response.

Ok I missed the day to update on the last chapter so whoops. I felt so sassy writing about the prank 😂. Ok I'm a person who kind of just throws the words I love you around so I'm trying really hard not to let anyone say it too early because to other people it's weird 😂.