Chapter 11- Just a Fling

27/7/18- Hungary- FP1 and 2

"Daniel Ricciardo, where the fuck are you?" I fumed "I haven't seen him, I think he went for breakfast," Max lied, guarding the door to Daniels bedroom. "I'm going to get you Ricciardo," I swore, Daniel unlocked the door and slowly approached from behind it. 

Before I even had time to react Max was tickling me and I was over Daniels shoulder. I pounded his back, screaming at him the whole short walk to his hotel door. He opened it and set me down outside, then he pushed a Stoffel out the door with help from Fernando. 

Max waved goodbye from in front of the Xbox, Seb came and gave me a hug, Nando gave me a chaste kiss on the cheek and, Kimi gave me a hug and a kiss. "We'll see you later today Eli," Sebastian smiled.

"So do you want me to walk you back?" Stoffel asked me "Uhm yeah sure, why not."

We walked to my hotel room and standing at the door was none other than Lewis Hamilton himself. "Wrong room number dipshit," I told him "where have you been, I was so worried," he said, coming to give me a hug. I moved away, "drop the act, I saw you and that girl on Twitter," he looked at me for a moment and the whole facade seemed to slip away. 

Suddenly it formed into rage. "Stoffel can you give us a minute?" I asked the Belgian standing behind me. I felt his presence disappear as he left without a sound, honestly I missed it.

 Lewis was the first to speak, "What right do you have to be jealous? You didn't seem to like me anyway," he shouted "of course I liked you Lewis, I just didn't want to be in a relationship with a guy who could get any supermodel he wanted. I expected it to end in heartbreak and boy was I right," I screamed. 

I reached for his hand, he pulled away. "I'm leaving ok," he spoke grumpily "Lewis don't leave," I begged. 

"We were just a fling anyway," he said, his voice breaking. 

I leant against the wall, a single tear rolling down my cheek. "You can come back now Stoffel," I spoke, he slowly walked back into view. Leaning against the wall beside me, "why am I so stupid," I said pitifully "your not stupid," Stoffel reassured me.

I proved I was pretty stupid with my next move.

I eagerly closed the distance between Stoffel and I. I pulled him closer to me, tangling my hands in his hair. He wrapped one arm around my waist, I grabbed the keycard from my pocket and quickly opened the hotel door. I walked in and pushed Stoffel against it, kissing him desperately.

 I moved my hands to take off his shirt, he stopped me "Elizabeth, you know we can't do this. You just got out of a complicated relationship," he reasoned, I came back to my senses and moved away.

"I'm a desperate mess," I sobbed "Hey your not. But maybe I can call Max or Charles to come take care of you, I have some stuff to do with McLaren," he smiled, I nodded. 

Soon enough Charles appeared at my hotel door and Stoffel left. "I need to get to work soon anyway Charles, you can go do what you want," I told him "no way, you don't look ok and I need to catch up with my best friend," he chuckled.

"Thanks for minding me but I really need to get to work now," I rushed, giving Charles a chaste kiss on the cheek as we parted ways outside my hotel room.

"Jesus, I'm so sorry I'm late. I had a personal problem," I apologised to the boys, I had arrived a few minutes after FP1 had started. I was to interview some of the drivers after practice and had to watch what happened.

"What's happened so far?" I asked Dave "nothing, you missed a minute and a half," he laughed. Making me blush a tint of pink "I thought I missed more."

My interviews with a few of the drivers went well, no awkward conversations. Charles and I even got to have a good chat afterwards.

FP2 went well too. Until it came to the interviews and I had to face Lewis, he looked as he always did. "Hi Lewis, FP2 went well for you. How was the car feeling?" I asked him, ignoring his seductive messy hair and the ridges of his muscles. "Yeah the car felt great, as it usually does. I think we have a good chance of winning this week," he explained. 

"How about Ferrari and RedBull, where do you think they'll be?" I questioned "Well we know RedBull aren't great on the straights and I think Ferrari are close to matching us, but I won't let that happen," Lewis said, giving me a wink. "Thanks for the interview Lewis," I smiled and he gave me a nod before moving on to a different interviewer. 

I was glad to finally go back to my hotel room and laze about for a bit.

I had half of this written on Tuesday in case I couldn't update today but I just updated a bit earlier than I usually do. Tell me what you think, i know it was boring except for the 'breakup' I'm just getting a bit stuck again, I'll have a few great chapters out in the next few weeks. I hope.