Chapter 28- Choices

Title and chapter inspired by Chasing Abbeys song, anyway I keep getting distracted by Tommy Tiernan being the funniest fucker in the world. You guys should check him out.

The song at the top is freaking amazing.

7/10/18

Race day is always my favourite day of the weekend, I have the least to do and the race is the most interesting. "Good morning Charles," I smiled, blowing him a kiss "stop teasing me already," he moped. "Yeah you need to stay very focused," I teased again "I hate you," Charles pouted.

As I walked I got a call from my boss, I ducked into a more quiet area and answered my phone. "Hello Elizabeth," my boss said "Hi Frannie, how are you?" I asked "Good, now I have something to tell you."

"I'm retiring," she informed me, basically just dropping a bomb "oh my, I hope this will be good for you," I said, trying to find the right things to say. "It'll be good for you," she said, I stayed quiet "because I want you to take my place," she spoke, my mouth dropped to the ground. 

"Frannie this is amazing, I'll take it!" I squealed "before you say that I need to tell you that you won't be touring round to all the circuits and I know your boyfriend does," she said, dropping another bomb. "Could you give me some time to think about it," I said "of course take all day and we can get the intern to fill in for you," she replied "thanks."

This was going to be hard, if I take the job I would never see Lew and that would put a strain on our relationship. But this is an amazing opportunity. 

I wandered around aimlessly until I came across Nando, Seb and Charles all talking about me. "Is Eli ok?" Nando asked Charles "I don't know, I talked to her this morning and she was fine," Charles replied, Seb just looked at them quizzically. 

"I can tell you's what's bothering me if you want," I spoke quietly, they all turned around quickly knowing they'd been caught.

"What's up then cariño?" Nando asked instantly "I got offered a job," I spoke. "That's amazing why are you sulking!" Seb exclaimed "it's an office job so I'd never see you guys," I replied. "Oh," all three men said in unison.

"Well that changes everything," Charles commented "I wouldn't see you or Lewis," I said, close to tears as I looked at Charles. "I think you should do take this up with Lewis," Seb spoke wisely, Nando and Charles agreed. I waved goodbye and went to find my boyfriend.

"Knock, knock!" I called from outside Lewis' drivers room. "Hey babe," he smiled as he answered, kissing my cheek. "Lew I have something to tell you," I spoke solemnly "you cheated on me with Charles," he joked trying to lighten the mood. I smiled for a brief moment and the smile disappeared from his face.

"What is it, you can tell me anything?" He said "I got offered a job as the boss of my department, but if I take it I'd only see you like three times a year," I explained, he looked at me, thinking.

 After a long silence Lewis said "I think you should take it, it's a step up from this," he said, but I stopped him before he could finish. I smashed my lips to his, passionately moving my lips and tongue to match his. 

"What was that?" He asked as we pulled away "if I take the job I won't see you so I'm gonna do everything I can with you now," I answered. "Go tell your boss you'll take the job first," he reasoned and I nodded.

I called Frannie back and prepared a speech. I looked around the paddock soaking everything in, I saw Charles and Pierre playing a game of tag, Kimi laughing at Sebs terrible jokes and, Lewis and Nando sitting on deckchairs soaking up some sun.

"Hello this is Francesca Dunne," she answered "Hi Frannie," I said. "I'm just calling to tell you," I stopped again, taking another look "that I'm not going to take the job." 

"That's fine, your an amazing interviewer and we're lucky to have you," Frannie said before hanging up.

"Lewis can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked, leading him to his room. 

"I said no," I informed him "why did you say no?" He asked, exasperated. "Because of you," I answered, my voice coming out almost a whisper "why would you turn down such an amazing job for me?" He asked.

"Because," I couldn't believe what I was going to say.