Chapter 25- Chances

5/10/18

Skip ahead to Japanese GP.

A month since Stoffel and I ended it. Life hasn't gotten any easier and without Stoffel in it, it's so much more dull. All the guys are splitting their time between us and right now they're out with Stoff. Even Charles has become more distant. Lewis keeps trying to talk and I just can't face him, he's still not driving though his cast is less heavy then when he first got it, his arm is rapidly improving. I still have my job and am doing better then ever at it right now.

Most professional as I'll ever be with still a bit of banter.

I just decided to call Kimi, knowing he wouldn't be out.

"Hey Kimi," I sulked "What's up Eli?" He asked. "I'm so confused, I just don't know what to do," I sobbed, breaking down immediately as my head filled with a million things to say. "Start from the start rakkaus," he spoke soothingly "I know I still have feelings for Lewis and every time I look at him the butterflies start, but I still like Stoffel. I mean he was going to tell me he loved me, I hate that I hurt him so much, Charles doesn't even talk to me anymore," I rambled.

"You need to slow it down," he said "I feel so lost and lonely, almost every night I turn to cuddle with Stoffel. I don't even have my bestfriend to talk to about it, Charles is off with Cardi both of them are like my best friends and neither will talk to me. I've divided the paddock for being a piece of shit and cheating on Stoff," I sobbed. 

"I'm putting you on speaker phone and Minttu's going to help me with this," Kimi informed me "Hi Minttu," I said "hello Elizabeth," she cheered softly. "So as I was saying I just don't know what to do and Kimi you always have the best advice," I said "I think you should give Lewis a chance," Minttu interrupted. I stopped talking and quickly shut my mouth.

"I know it sounds terrible but by the way you describe how you feel I can tell you really like him. Lewis has learned and I don't think he would ever cheat again, I know he likes you I can see that from how he'd look at you and Stoffel when you would pass," she explained "maybe I should give Lewis another chance," I said, smiling. 

"Well if your going to give Lewis a chance I think you should tell Stoffel, talk to him later today. I think he should find out from you and not some news outlet, so that he can come to terms with it. It's been over a month and I think yes it's fast but you and Lewis seem as if your meant to be," Kimi said "I agree with Kimi," Minttu agreed.

"Would it be too much to ask Stoff if we could still be friends?" I asked "no, you and Stoffel were great together. To lose something like that would be devastating," Minttu countered.

I waited until after FP1 and 2 as well as my interviews to talk to Stoffel.

"Hey Stoff," I smiled weakly, he turned to me "Hi Elizabeth." I mustered up the courage to stay for the conversation "can we talk?" I asked. He sat down "yes we can."

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry, again. I know I should have talked to you. But Minttu and Kimi say I should give Lewis a chance. There's something between Lewis and I, and I want you to find that too. But I should have talked to you and let you go find that person instead of being the scumbag I was and cheating on you," I spoke "I've found a girl, she's amazing and Eli I don't hate you. I know what you meant by that feeling and I feel it with this girl."

"Stoffel this may be a stretch but can we still be friends?" I asked cautiously "I really missed being able to talk to you, yes I'd love if we could still be friends," he laughed, hugging me.

"That means the boys don't need to split their time between us anymore," Stoffel smirked "you realised they were doing that too," I laughed. "Do you know what's been going on with Charles though?" I asked "does he hate me for what I did?"

"No, no he doesn't. Charles has been distant towards all of us, we thought he was spending all his time with you," Stoffel said, confused and concerned "I'll check up on him the next time I'm free," I replied.

"See you later Stoffel," I smiled, giving him a chaste kiss on the cheek as he waved until I had turned around.