Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19

DECLAN

The smell of delicious food woke me up. I roamed my eyes around and for me to see myself lying on my own bed. I didn't notice that I fell asleep also. I lazily got up from bed when I noticed Arianna wasn't around. Maybe she's awake already and doing something down stairs. It was always her routine anyways.

I made my way down stairs, and the smell of the food still invading my nostrils. Mabilis na nanubig ang bagang ko sa amoy ng lutong bahay, at awtomatikong kumalam ang sikmura ko. As I walk nearer the kitchen, the smell becomes stronger and it makes me excited, and at the same time, the smell is new to my nose and it made me curious.

And when I finally reached the kitchen, I saw Arianna doing something on the stove. She wearing apron based on the tie that I'm seeing on her back. Nakapamaywang siya at may hawak hawak na sandok at mukhang tinitikman ang luto niya. A smile formed on my lips. I must capture this scenery.

Gladly, my phone was on my pocket. I was able to bring it. I fisted it out and open my camera app, I focused the lense on her and took a capture of her many times. I was grinning from ear to ear when she turned on my direction.

"Hey!" Ako ang unang bumati sa kanya.

"Kagulat ka!" Napakurap siya.

"Sorry about that. Ano 'yang niluluto mo? Nagising ako sa amoy e." I asked instead, and I simply slid my phone on my pocket. Baka mahalata niya na kinuhanan ko siya ng picture at baka mabisto ang iba kong stolen shots sa kanya lalo na kapag natutulog siya na parang anghel.

"Mangangamoy talaga 'yang niluluto ko, may bayabas 'yan e." Lumapit siya sa lagayan ng pinggan at kumuha ng isang serving bowl mula doon, and after that, she turned her back on me again.

"Bayabas? Really?" I asked amusingly. Pwede pala 'yon? Napailing ako sa naisip ko.

"Oo. Sinigang na bayabas 'yan. Masarap tikman mo." Sumandok siya ng kaunting sabaw mula sa niluluto siya. Tumingin siya saakin na para bang pinapalapit niya ako and so, I did. She handed me the ladle.

I bent down and sipped the broth, but I automaticaly pulled away from the ladle when I feel how hot it was. Napahawak ako sa labi ko.

"Ba't hindi mo hinipan?" natataranta ding tanong ni Arianna saakin.

I licked my lips when I can feel the pain on it. Arianna turned off the stove and left the ladle beside the stove. She faced me. Worry was written all over her face. "Sorry! Dapat pala hinipan ko muna e."

"It's okay." I assured her but she didn't listen. She tip toed and touched my lips.

I blinked many times as she was checking my lips. "Masakit ba? Lika lagyan natin ng yelo para hindi sumakit. Ikaw kasi e."

"Ako pa huh." I chuckled. I seated down on the chair. Lumayo siya sa akin at pumunta sa ref. Kumuha siya ng isang maliit na tube ice pagkatapos ay pinatay niya ang kalan. She turned back her attiontion to me and she was about to put the tube ice on my lips when I held her wrist.