Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

DECLAN

I must call this day a tiring one. After the meeting with my friends, we went to our office in the underground society black market to transact with the people who got their interest with our newly made drugs. We got a lot of orders and reservations. We have to list them down and know their backgrounds first to make sure that no outsiders will know about this. No Authority should know about us, that's why we're being careful enough.

After a lot of works to do in the black market, I went to my LEGAL BUSINESS which is pharmaceuticals. I made this pharmaceutical business of mine to cover up my illegal business, mas maganda na kasi 'yon para bawas hinala sa mga tao lalo na sa batas. And same with my friends, ganun ang ginagawa naming para hindi kami paghinaalaan masyado lalo na't hindi lang ang business naming lima ang successful sa black maket, kung hindi pati na rin ang mga legal naming negosyo. Kaya hindi kahina-hinala ang yaman naming dahil kilala kami, not only in the Philippines, but also in other parts of the world.

I checked the report that was given by my secretary and signed the papers that I need to do. I attended meeting with the board members and I must say that my legal business is doing well. I checked the laboratory inside my company building to check my pharmaceutical scientists and to observe how are they doing without me. Gladly, they are okay. They work hard, and they are trustworthy.

It's almost midnight when I got home, nagpatulong ang isang scientist sa pag-balance ng isang gamot na ginagawa niya, and it took three hours to finish the formulation process just to make sure that it was safe and successful. Inaantok na ang katawang lupa ko nang maipark ko sa labas ng bahay ang Chevrolet Cruze. I took a deep breath and went inside.

It was quiet when I entered in manang's fire exit door. Wala si manang sa loob kaya nagtuloy ako ng labas at nakarating ako sa kusina. I saw manang doing something in her phone that's why she didn't noticed my presence.

"Hey, manang. Good Evening." I greeted. Kumuha ako ng baso at dumiretso sa ref para kumuha ng tubig. Bumalik sa isip ko si Arianna, I roamed my eyes to look for her inside the kitchen.

"Hating gabi na, Declan."

"Good midnight then, Where's Arianna by the way?

"

She sighed and put down her phone. "Hindi mo ba natanggap ang tawag at texts ko?"

Wala sa sariling napakapa ako sa bulsa ko. "I was aware that my phone is ringing, but I'm too busy manang. Marami kaming ginawa sa black market at sa Pharma Inc."

"Naiintindihan ko, pero sana kahit binigyan mo ng atensyon kahit saglit."

My eyebrows almost met out of curiosity. "Why? Is there a problem?"

"Ayaw kumain ni Arianna, yung pinahatid mong pagkain kaninang umaga, hindi niya kinain. Naghatid ako ng lunch, at dinner pero hindi niya pinag tuunan ng pansin."

Mas lalong kumunot ang noo ko. So, she didn't eat for this day, at mukhang hindi rin siya kumain kahapon, because she was paralyzed and she has no chance to eat, as well as if I'm not mistaken, the paralyzing drugs that was injected to her is effective for 20 hours...so...

"Damn." I cursed under my breath. Realizing that she didn't eat for three days. I looked at manang. "Are you sure manang that she didn't eat kahit konti manlang?"

She shook her head. "Tanging tubig lang ang Nakita kong nabawas sa inihatid ko."

I took a deep breath. Damn it, Arianna Camille! "Okay, ako na po ang bahala. Pwede po ba kayong magluto ng kahit anong may sabaw. It's better if it's soup. Huwag po yung maasim dahil baka mabigla 'yung tiyan niya."