Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

DECLAN

Arianna was left dumbfounded. She was just looking at me intently and as if no words want to come out from her mouth. I also looked at her to meet her gaze while I'm smirking but if you will ask me, I feel like drowning with those pair of her brown eyes. I can see a lot of emotions, but I just can't figure it out.

AND then my phone rang. Our straing contest ended up. I reached for my phone on the bedside table to look who's calling. It was Nancy. I looked for Arianna for a second before I jumped myself away from my bed. I walk towards the door and let myself out.

"Where's my food?" I asked as I answered Nancy's call. I asked her a favor to buy some foods for us because there's no left normal foods other than those hot dogs, eggs, ham and bacon. I also throw away those frozen meat because it stings.

"Hindi ako makakapunta diyan ngayon. Declan, are you even kidding me? You leave a lot of paper works to me." She answered that made me frown. I'm hungry as God knows. A cup of noodles is not enough for me.

"I'll wait until midnight." I said with my most convincing voice.

She sighed. "Sorry Dec. The drug you made created a lot of clients. I can't leave this. It's urgent."

"I'm sorry. I can't assist you with that. Manang is not around at walang kasama si Arianne. My friends can't help you also because they are hunting down those men who's following Arianna." I explained and heave a sigh. I just can't leave Ariana here alone with body guards. Baka maging isang spy sila o nagpapanggap lang, katulad ng ginawa ng mga tauhan ni Dad sa kanya. Mabuti ng makakasiguro.

"Okay lang, I'm gonna hung up now, Dec. Madami pa akong kailangang gawin eh. Sa susunod ko nalang chi-chikahin 'yang babae mo." She said and giggled, and before she can here my protest, she ended the call. I sighed.

I walk way to my kitchen. Inilapag ko ang phone ko sa lababo pagkatapos ay binuksan ko ang cup boards, and for me to see that it's almost empty. Ilang pirasong cup noodles at pancit canton ang nandoon. May isang cornbeef na survivor. Napabuntong hininga ako.

It seems like I need to take Arianna out.

I made my way back to my room. When I entered the room, I heard a music playing. I looked at Arianna. She didn't notice that I finally entered the room. I walk towards her. Umangat ang tingin niya saakin.

"Uhm, nag yo-youtube ako, Declan." She said then looked back at the laptop screen. Napailing ako pagatapos ay umupo ako sa tabi niya. She's watching a music video and I saw that it was entitled, Malaya by Moira Dela Torre.

"Hindi ba't dapat busy ka sa pamimili ng damit mo?"

Napatingin siya sa tabi ko at nagkibit balikat. "May tanong ako." She said, instead of answering my query.