As we agreed we go on Friday night to my parents house. As we get closer to the house the sunset in the horizon wakes the kids up in the backseat.
Ari-Dad, are we still not there?
-Just a bit more.
Kody-When will we get there?
Fang-I'm hungry.
Seth-We're all hungry.
-There's breakfast there. As soon as we get there you can all eat.
Kefira-I can already smell it. How is the food there?
-Delicious. A taste of heaven.
Ari-Yes.
Kody-Is there somewhere we can play?
-There's definitely space for you to play but still, this goes for the six of you, when we get there don't run off in the garden or around the house without asking me first or letting me know what you're doing. Is that clear?
All-Yes dad.
-Oh and by the way, happy birthday to you all. Do you know how many years you get today?
Kefira-Six. We are turning six.
-Yes you are. And we're here.
I turn off the car after parking and taking off the seatbelt I shake Gwen awake.
-Gwen, hey, wake up, we're here.
Gwen-I want to sleep.
-Come, you can sleep better in a proper bed.
Gwen-Alright. Your room is still the same, right?
-Yes, you know the way.
Gwen-I still remember it. Let's get there then.
With that I get down and the kids follow cue getting down and they go towards the door to knock. I open the door for Gwen and she trembles a bit as she gets down. I hold her up carefully.
-Hey, you alright? Feeling bad.
Gwen-Just dizzy. I really hate traveling in these things. It was a bad idea to even sleep in it.
-Are you sure is only that? We don't want you getting sick now.
Gwen-Like you said. I just have to sleep in a proper bed. I get the feeling I'm going to spend these next months sleeping and being lazy.
-Do you want a painkiller or anything at all. Some breakfast maybe.
Gwen-Not really hungry right now. I just feel way too tired. I'm mostly dizzy from the trip. Give me an hour maybe two and I'll be better.
-Can you walk?
Gwen-Yes, now that I'm on stable ground I'm starting to feel a bit better, in fact, I might share breakfast with you all after all.
-Glad to hear that.
I give her a slight kiss and we walk towards the house and I keep holding her close in case she gets dizzy again. When we get to the door we find the kids just standing there.
-What happened? Why are you still out here?
Ari-We couldn't decide who should knock so we rather have you do it.
I sigh and I knock on the door. I kneel down to them and get their attention.
-Do you remember what I said?
Ari-Yes dad.
Seth-Don't run off.
Kefira-Tell you where we're going.
Kody-What we're doing.
-Very good. You're good kids. Now give me a big hug.
They do and just as they do the door opens only to reveal Hades there.
Ha-Uriel.
-Hello. Great grandfather.
He frowns slightly before he steps back inviting us in. The kids curious around as they follow me except Deneve who sticks to me just looking around nervously. I lead the way to the kitchen and then the dining room where mom is setting the table breakfast.
-Mom.
Y-Uriel. You're here.
I let out a laugh before I pull her into a hug. She pats my head ruffling my hair softly and I just murmur so only she can hear.
-I missed you mom.
Y-There there, I'm always here for you. My little boy. And you're just in time for breakfast. And how are the kids doing?
-I call them over. Cubs, over here. Say hi. Introduce yourselves.
Ari-Hi, I'm Ari. Nice to see you again.
Y-Same here. Over here. And then over here goes Seth.
Seth-Thanks.
Kody & Fang-My lady.
They both do a small reverence and she gives me a look.
Y-That's adorable.
Kody-I'm Kody.
Fang-I'm Fang. The youngest son.
Y-Over here you two and I suppose this little girl is Kefira.
Kefira laughs and she gives mom a hug and a kiss before she sits down at her place and she turns to look at Deneve still clinging to me.
Y-Deneve?
She perks up at being called as she hides further behind me just enough to see mom.
Y-Hi. Are you hungry?
It takes a moment but she nods softly hiding further behind me.
-Hey, you want to eat? You can sit at my side if you want.
Deneve-Promise?
Is low and soft but I can hear her just as fine.
-Alright, come here.
I get her up in my arms and I get her to her seat myself. Gwen sits at my other side and mom across me.
Y-Shy girl.
-I told you she was like that.
Y-Somehow I imagined she was more open. Does she not remember me?
-She is shy even with me and I'm her father.
Y-But you still love them as they are.
-They're my kids. Of course I love them.
Y-And is everyone good and healthy?
She looks at Gwen knowingly and I get what she's asking.
-Everything's fine, thanks for asking. I want to know how things are going here with all the family.
Y-Hmm, where do I even start?
Ed-Start at the beginning.
I look over him and I catch a glimpse of Neka and Kefira exchanging foods and laughing silently.
-That's funny. Look at that.
Ed-Yeah, they're getting along well.
-Where's Astral?
As-Right here.
At that a half asleep Astral comes in the room and I can't help but be amused.
-Someone didn't slept well.
As-Close to the truth.
Kida-He was probably out late fornicating with his boyfriend.
As-Mhm, like bunnies.
At that the entire room goes silent and all eyes are on him. When he realizes what he just said he looks at all of us in general and he takes half a step back before he disappears leaving a gust of wind behind. I share a look with Edward and Kida and we all three laugh in unison.
-I don't think he meant to say that out loud.
Ed-Neither do I, we'll talk later.
Kida-He was definitely still sleepy.
-Yeah, and did you say boyfriend or girlfriend?
Kida-Boyfriend.
Ed-He's gay.
-I want to hear that story. I'm curious, isn't he just fifteen?
Ed-Fourteen. He doesn't share much but his actions tell enough. You're lucky you saw him today as now it seems like they live together. I only see him at work or when he comes to sleep and change clothes.
-Don't you think he's too young to be out there alone?
Ed-He is not alone. He's with his boyfriend and I trust both of them besides, is his first love. I want him to enjoy himself as much as he can.
-So you know the guy.
Ed-They both work for me at the gym so I'm not that worried. They do keep things under control there and they are both my best trainers.
Kida-You can call him the horny bunny now.
I laugh at her choice of words for a moment before I feel a slight pull on my hand. I turn to see that the kids are done eating as well as Gwen did too.
Ari-Can we go play now?
-Don't stray too far. And don't break anything.
Ari-We won't break anything. We promise.
-I sure hope so. You can go.
They cheer up and they rush away except for Deneve. I caress her face softly.
-Hey, don't you want to go play with them?
She shakes her head her hands folding tightly on her dress as she does.
-What do you want to do then?
She mumbles something but I can't quite get what she says. I sneak closer and I ask.
-Sorry I didn't hear that.
De-I just want some hot milk with honey and rainbow marshmallows on it. And a bit of cream on top, vanilla and very big bottle. Adult milkshake size.
She looks up at me with a big smile of those that could melt your heart. I laugh and patting her head I speak.
-Right away. Wait here.
She nods and standing up I go to the car to get the things. Is done quickly but is still perfect. I give it to her and the size amazes everyone.
Y-Does she drinks all that?
-Of course she does.
Gwen-She has her father's appetite.
I give her a look but before I can say anything Deneve gets my attention once again.
-More?
De-It is my birthday so yes.
-You are so clever.
Y-You say that like is a bad thing.
-I'm surprised by his clever she is. She just turned six and she knows way more than she let's on.
I get her the drink and is just barely out of my hand when she's already halfway done with it.
Gwen-Uriel, they're doing it again.
-I know. Three.
Gwen-Two.
Both-One.
As we say that Kody, Seth and Kefira enter the room laughing.
Kefira-Dad. You have to.......
Before she can finish they all start speaking at the same time and I can't help a laugh before I raise my hand and with a acute whistle I silence them.
-Better. If you all talk at the same time I can't understand you. Now then, show me what happened.
With a hint of excitement they take me to the playroom and I find that Ari and Fang are still there sitting in a corner.
-What happened here?
Fang-He got hurt.
-Ari.
Ari-It was nothing.
-Ari look at me.
He turns around slowly and I see he has a broken nose and a bleeding from it as well as a bruised eye.
-What happened?
Ari-I didn't saw...........
Fang-He didn't saw where he was going and he ran straight face into the wall.
-And you think your brother getting hurt is funny.
Kefira-How it happens, yes.
Kody-That he got hurt, no.
-Come on. Let's patch you up.
With that he stays still for the rest of the morning and just watching over his little sister Deneve. Mom and dad take care of the little ones getting to know them better. Just after lunch as they play around Deneve comes up to me.
De-Dad.
-Do say.
De-Can I play outside?
-On your own? Are you sure?
De-Only walking and seeing, is not really playing.
Gwen-Come on, she rarely plays. Let her go play around even if its by herself.
-Alright but don't go to far.
De-Thank you dad and mom too.
She gives us both a kiss before she dashes off to the garden. I turn tense as I sit back on the couch.
Gwen-She will be fine, she might be shy but she's still your daughter so you don't have to worry that much either way.
-She is special.
Gwen-That she is. Come now, relax a bit and don't worry about a thing. In fact, let's talk about something else, after all, she's not going to be the baby of the family anymore.
-True to that. Have you been feeling alright? I mean, with the trip, taking care of the baby now and everything else.
Gwen-I am fine. In fact, I think you are being the emotional one right now.
-Do you think is going to be a girl or a boy or in case is not just one both.
Gwen-I don't know. But if is a girl I name her or them and you can name them if they're boys.
-Or we can name her, him or them together as soon as we know what it is.
Gwen-You really are something.
-Aren't I. But you love me anyways.
I tilt her head up for a kiss and as we get separated she laughs.
Gwen-I most certainly do.
She gives me a slight kiss and she cuddles on me.
Gwen-I'm tired. Just let me sleep here.
-I'll get you to bed then. Come here, up you go.
With that I get her up in my arms and to my room on the bed. I let her down gently and she's already deeply asleep. I smile fondly and I go back down to check on the little ones. They are still playing with mom and dad and so I go check for Deneve. I find her on the indoor garden looking at the roses attentively.

To be continued...............