345

A few days later as I'm getting lunch for my girls as usual when there is a scream from one of their rooms. I stop everything I'm doing and going upstairs I meet with Winter halfway. She's running scared downstairs and not paying attention to where she's going she bumps into me so hard that I stumble to the wall. She looks up and realizing is me she clings tightly to me. I pat her head kindly and envelop her in my arms.
-Hey, what's wrong? What got you so scared?
She sobs softly and getting up I get her up in my arms tightly when from upstairs Phoenix calls me.
Ph-You really got to see this. The thing that scared her.....huge and probably disgustingly bigger than her.
-Where?
Ph-Her bathroom. Come before it goes away.
That takes me off guard but I keep my cool and follow her to Winter's room and leaving Winter on her bed she scuddles as far from the bathroom door as she can terrified. Phoenix cuddles with her and turning to go to the bathroom she finally speaks up.
W-Don't go in there!
-Why? I'm just checking.
W-There's a monster there, big and ugly monster, what if it hurts you?
-Nothing is going to happen. I will be fine. Stay there with your sister.
She cuddles back with her sister and I slowly get in the bathroom but what I see there surprises me more than I thought it would. The monster Winter saw is in reality a huge anaconda just there on the floor of the shower. It moves its head slightly before it shrinks down unwilling to move at all. I gulp down a sigh and getting out of the bathroom I turn to my daughters.
-Come with me. Both of you.
I pick up Winter to my arms and Phoenix follows me downstairs to the dining room. Everyone is there and they give us a quizzical look.
CC-What where you doing? You're late for lunch.
The girls look at me and I shake my head so they keep quiet. I look around the table searching for the person I need and there.
-Leo, Leonardo.
Leo-Me?
I make a face.
-Come with me, I need your, abilities.
Leo-Sorry, can't, busy.
-Then I'll ask your daughter. She's nicer than you at least.
At that he stands and passing by me he whispers in my ear.
Leo-Make it fast.
I laugh and lead the way glancing over my shoulder to make sure he's still coming. When we get to her room I sit on the bed and point to the bathroom.
-Get rid of the thing that's in there.
He is cheerful when he sees the snake and he speaks in snake. When he comes out he has the snake wrapped like a scarf around his neck and over his shoulders as well. He smiles at me and with his most innocent voice he speaks.
Leo-I was looking for her, I was worried. Let's get her back to her cage then. She's my pet.
-Let me pass first to get Winter away from the snake. I tell you when you can come in.
Leo-Fair enough, snake did scare your daughter half to death.
Just like that we get downstairs again and to get to the snake's cage he has to pass through where everyone is. I get Winter up in my arms and holding her as far as I can from where Leo is going to pass I envelop the both of us with my aura in full power also surrounding my other eleven daughters individually on their seats.
-Absolute silence please. Not a sound.
They nod and shrug and remain silent, a bit of my aura gets to call Leo and he comes in with the snake. My aura protecting my daughters intensifies as he passes through with all the calm in the world. I see how some of my daughters flinch at the sight of my snake and others are amazed by it. I see how Leo opens the lock to her cage and speaks in snake and slowly the snake slides off of him and into the cage and when the cage's door is locked with key again I get Winter on her seat again and letting my aura come back to me I sigh in relief. Everything is fine until they call me out.
Vic-Dad, are you alright?
-Of course I am, why?
Leo-She probably refers to the fact that you're pale and your nose is bleeding.
Vic-Precisely that, Leo is correct.
I turn alert and touching my nose I see that I am indeed bleeding. I lick my teeth and my fangs are growing sharp and on my hands my nails grow sharp as well. I groan and covering my lower face with my hand I turn to see them and is happening again. I can see their bones, muscles and everything, their insides as well. I groan and standing I go to the fridge, I have to find the blood, where is the blood.
Vic-Dad? Are you alright?
-Stay away from me. For now. I don't want to hurt any of you.
Vic-What is wrong? What do you need? I can find it for you.
-No, I know exactly what I need. Not to worry.
I search the freezer and there is no blood there either. I check the drawer's too but I can't find any of my blood veils for emergency attacks like these. My bloodthirst only grows and I finally find one and I'm hopeful for a moment until I realize is empty and so are the other vials there.
-Why? Why do they have to be empty?
I groan in frustration and taking my jacket I turn to leave but before I go I turn to the family.
-Girls, do not, I repeat, do not leave the house while I'm gone. No matter what, someday I'll explain this but tonight, I have to go. Sleep early and don't expect me to be back for maximum a week. Behave.
Before they can even argue anything at all I go away and I use my speed to get as far away as I can and burn a bit of energy. I end up being in Los Angeles. I guess is far enough from home. With my eyesight back to normal and a bit more controlled I slip to the shadows and I look for a place where I can find a good prey. I find a dancing club and sneaking to the side of the building I wait on the alley for someone to come. Much to my luck the first person to come out and come directly to where I am is woman. She is dressed in a way that her bloodlines are noticeable even without me having to use my vampiric powers. I want to drink her blood but holding back I don't want to be that kind of bad vampire either. I do the best most stupid thing I could ever have done and I ask.
-Help.
The girl hears me and turning to me she takes a step back but keeps her gaze on me.
Girl-What the....
-Help me, please.
I shrink down getting to my knees and lowering my gaze enough.
-Please, I beg of you, help me.
Girl-What do you need?
-Ah, um, do you know where I can find a blood bank?
She hesitates before she answers me.
Girl-One second.
I sigh and wait and after a bit she slides a paper on my hand and she goes away before I can ask her about it. I check the paper and it has directions to get to a place. I sigh and memorizing every detail I get on the move. She sent me to a blood bank indeed. I smile and taking every precaution possible I sneak inside and I go to the more fresh blood vials. The smell of blood is stronger there and tastier. Feeling my throat dry with my thirst I get the strongest one and I drink it whole, I drink about a dozen more before I can control myself completely. I'm still a bit thirsty but I can manage for a bit more. Just like that I get out of there and I burn a bit of energy until I'm too tired to keep going and sneaking into an abandoned house I get an old mattress out and I fall asleep right then and there.
The next morning I wake up and is amazing for me that I feel like nothing happened at all. I sigh and feeling a buzz in my pocket I check and I'm amazed to find that I do have my phone with me. I see that is almost fully charged and is already evening of today. I have lots of messages from my daughters. I send a text to all of them letting them know I'm fine and that I'll be back soon so they don't have to worry too much. I smile as almost immediately I receive a few messages from them and then a call from Victoria.
-Hello.
Vic-Dad, are you alright?
-Yes, I'm alright. I feel like nothing even happened.
Vic-Where are you? When are you coming back?
-Either today late at night or tomorrow early morning. Also, I'm all the way in Los Angeles.
Vic-Really? You went far in just one night.
-How are your sister? Are they behaving?
Vic-They are behaving surprisingly well. They send you good wishes and they are doing as they always do, playing around and being together or alone they are fine.
-Did I scared any of the young ones last night?
Vic-Not really, they are a bit confused but not scared. No one really wants to bother you either with what happened so they won't ask you anything and they have agreed to act as if nothing happened.
-Alright, I'll be right back when I get there. I give you all my love. Hugs and kisses.
Vic-Hugs and kisses. Bye, see you when you get back.
-See you all, bye.
With that I hang up and getting up I stretch and I turn to go back home at last. I get there early tomorrow as I said and as everyone is still asleep I go to my room and getting changed to my pajamas I get to sleep at last.

A few days later my powers, my vampire powers, are dormant, kind off like a light turned off because you're not using it. I am with all of my daughters in the music room. I play the piano for them. The triplets are leaning on their elbows on top of the piano, the younger twins are seated at each side of me while the rest are sitting or standing around. When I'm done I sigh and I look at each of them.
-Did you liked that?
Bl-It was enjoyable.
I look at Luna and I ask her.
-{Did you enjoyed yourself?}
Lu-{The bits I heard I enjoyed but I did enjoyed it all. Sorry.}
With that I pay her cheek softly to reassure her.
-Don't worry, is alright. Any more comments?
Vic-I enjoyed it.
Ph-I think it was cool that you can play that well.
St & Ti-Beautiful.
Li-Cute, calming, relaxing, peaceful.
Lo-I loved it.
W-I wish I could play like that.
The younger twins hug me a bit tighter and the way they smile at me tells me everything and I turn to Victoria again, she has Olivia cuddled against her.
-Do you think Olivia liked it?
Vic-Definitely, she took it more as a lullaby than anything else.
-That's good. Stephanie, get Olivia to her room. Then you join us for dinner.
St-Sure thing.
-Then let's get to dinner.
With that we get to dinner and I speak.
-Dad, can I ask you a favor?
CC-Sure, do tell.
-I need you to take care of the girls tomorrow.
CC-Sure, what are you doing?
Vic-Um, dad?
-Yes?
Vic-Why can't I? I can do it or at least help him.
-You can't because both you and your sister Phoenix are coming with me tomorrow so as you can see, I can't ask you to do it.
Vic-I guess.
Ph-You should be glad he's leaving someone else to babysit besides you, is a nice change.
Vic-Haha, I do enjoy it.
St & Ti-She is the nerd of babysitting.
They say it in a way that makes me smile but just to make sure things don't escalate I intervene.
-Enough. Finish your food.
Vic-Sure.
St & Ti-Fine.
Ph-Alright.
With that they keep eating and turning to dad I ask him.
-Will you babysit them?
CC-Sure thing.
Ed-Can I help?
CC-Pyro.
-Sure you can, you're they're uncle.
I turn and seeing Victoria as she turns to wash the dishes I stop her.
-Victoria.
Vic-Sorry, force of habit.
She shrugs and laughing she gives me a hug before she goes away. Phoenix goes away as well and then I turn to pick up all the dishes and Winter walks behind me getting the napkins, I hear dad and Edward laugh. I get the dishes on the sink and she climbs up and leaves the napkins on the side of the sink as well. I turn to get the forks and knives intentionally leaving the spoons for her to take. I get those in the sink as well and taking the spoons from her I do the same.
-Go sleep, I'll be there in just a minute.
W-Aha.
She kisses my cheek and she flurries away to her room.
CC-She is a good girl.
Ed-Does she always does that?
-Pretty much. At first I stopped her almost immediately but seeing that she wouldn't stop I got her to get the napkins and spoons only.
CC-Dishes were too heavy for her.
-Yeah, and the forks and knifes are both sharp.
Ed-She can be a mini you then but the girl version. She's always trailing behind you everywhere you go and she imitates you.
CC-We will get the dishes, you go tuck them all in.
-Are you sure?
Ed-Go, we can handle the dishes just fine.
I sigh and I leave to tuck the girls in. They are all asleep and I check on them. Olivia is deeply asleep with her princess doll on her arms in a hug and she's tucked in already so I just give her a soft kiss on the forehead. Gabriella and Genevieve are each asleep on their room, they have a different bed each to decorate differently. Winter is already asleep too with her sun cushion fallen to the floor, I get it back with her and I tuck her in so she's not that cold. I get to the triplet's room and Lily is on her bed with her flower patterns surrounding her, Lola has her bed and she is holding her blanket tightly and Luna is on her bed covered all the way under a mountain of teddy bears, teddy dogs, fluffy bunnies and shiny stuff that she likes, I take a few of the cushions off of her and I place them on the floor around the edge of the bed. I check on Blanche and she is all spread out on her bed wearing just her underwear, I sigh and covering her up I get her properly tucked on the bed and I kiss her cheek softly. She doesn't likes cuddles, hugs or kisses or any kind of physical contact so this is the only time I can give her a kiss at least. I check Stephanie and Tiffany and they are tightly hugged together on one bed, they always sleep together despite having their own separate beds. I check Blanche and she is with her music on her ears and she has her blankets completely up to cover half her head. I stiffle a laugh and I check on Victoria, she is all business woman with even the blindolf you use when you sleep, is the only time she spoils herself like a princess as she sleeps like a rich girl. I smile and go to my room and I get to bed at last to sleep myself. I sleep easily.

To be continued...................