318

AJ POV
I watch when after lunch as soon as Cam let's go of Josephine her aura sparks brilliantly and she disappears but we can hear her laughter. She teleports all over the place and not soon after is her and Pyro. In one stance she goes to crawl on the counter and with his aura he lifts the vases and pictures so they don't break as she passes.
-You really are accostumed to her doing that.
CC-Yes I am. Still, I don't get how there can be so much energy from someone so small.
-Need help with them?
CC-I'm fine. Besides, they are calmer now. Look, they're not teleporting anymore.
I look and sure enough they are staying still. The three of them are just sitting there playing with some toys.
-They are adorable.
We laugh for a while before we manage to calm down. He gets up and sitting on the floor with the little ones he caress them each gently.
CC-Dream big little ones.
He sighs and taking a small backpack and opening it he gets out a blanket and covers them with it.
-When are their birthdays?
CC-The twins just turned two last month and Connor will be four next month.
-You are kidding.
CC-I'm not. They did and he is. By the way, is my room hospitable?
-Yes, I kept it clean all this time. As usual.
CC-Be right back.
With that he flashes away and when I look all five of them are away. Him, her and their kids. After a bit he reappears again and he walks off to the kitchen himself. I follow him and I see him drinking a bottle of water.
-You alright?
CC-More than alright.
He takes a sip from the drink and he sighs.
CC-Who would've had thought. I would end up here, like this.
-Hmm, Cam, just out of curiosity, tell me, can you explain the age gap between your kids? I want to know if what I thought is right.
CC-What did you thought?
-That she got pregnant again shortly after Connor's birth.
CC-We were celebrating becoming parents and we couldn't resist and we just didn't took any precaution at all.
-And she got pregnant again.
He laughs and drinking a bit more he sighs.
CC-Imagine my surprise when she told me. We did thought about having another kid but not that soon.
-How was taking care of her and baby Connor at the same time?
CC-Do you have any idea how stubborn she was? I almost had to beg her to take it easy and rest.
-She wanted to help you and you didn't let her. You spoiled her.
CC-Of course I did. Fortunately for the both of us Connor was a real angel.
He pulls me close and whispering loud enough so only I could hear.
CC-I think that during that time it was easier to take care of the baby than the mother.
We laugh at that and looking out the window we notice it started raining.
-Rain.
CC-It looks like a storm is coming.
He sighs and just as he takes a step back the rain comes harder and louder.
CC POV
I see as the rain becomes harder with thunder and lightning and I sigh. I turn and going upstairs to my room I find that Connor is sleeping with Cassandra and when I go to the next room I find that the twins are both awake. I see that Pyro is comforting Josephine in a small hug. I get to their side and as soon as I sit on the bed the both of them reach out for me. I can't help a smile as I get them both.
-Is just a bit of rain.  Nothing to be afraid of.
As I say that there is a flash of lightning and they both clutch tighter to me. I clear my throat and I sing them a soft lullaby. They do manage to calm down as I watch them fall asleep right there. I might stay here a few days more.
After the storm ends, the twins are very eager to play around and after a while of them torturing me I let them play. They smile and joining hands they jump side in side on the garden with the water splashing each time. We all watch as they do and I can't help but notice that Connor is more behaved as he helps Cassandra with a word search. After a while dad comes towards me and offers me a drink.
AJ-Here, drink this.
-Thanks.
AJ-So, are you happy?
-Very happy.
AJ-Do you plan on having more kids?
-Yes. As many as we can.
AJ-Are you moving back with us?
-I might. Is a very high possibility of that happening.
I take a sip from the drink and just as I do I hear a wider splash. When I turn to see I see that Josephine is on the ground and Pyro is looking at her in concern. In instant alert I walk up towards them and they look at me almost in tears.
Pyro-Daddy.
He avoids looking at me and I pat his head nicely before turning to her.
-You alright?
Jo-It hurts.
I look at her and I see she just twisted her wrist a bit.
-Is alright. Is not that bad.
I look her all over and she only has a few scratches on her knees and elbows, the twisted wrist and a bit dirty from the dirt and mud. I pick her up and charging her in one arm I take Pyro by the hand as I walk them back in the house. Cassandra passes me the aid kit and I smile as I take it and clean the wounds on them. I catch a glimpse of Connor looking from the doorway. I chuckle a bit and bandaging her wist softly she sniffs a bit and Pyro hugs her taking her other hand in support. Such a good brother he is. I finish and kissing her wrist and her forehead I smile.
-Go with your mother and change your clothes.
They both nod and as I get them down on the floor they both go away with their mother. Connor comes up to me as I clean the mud from the table.
Co-Can I help?
-Sure. You know where everything goes, right?
He nods and he eagerly helps me out in everything. He is very organized with everything.
-Hey, that's enough. I can handle the rest, go wash your hands for dinner.
Co-Uhuh.
Taking the things from him he goes away and as I look at him go Cassandra comes up and she looks at him go.
C-He helped you, didn't he?
-Yes he did. How is Josephine doing?
C-She is a bit sad as usual and Pyro is comforting her as usual. You know, he is like you.
-Really? Is it his blonde hair or the fact that he's a boy.
She laughs and giving me a soft kiss she sits at my side.
C-I wasn't referring to his look but what's inside. He has, like you, a very kind heart and a pure soul. I'm sure he will grow to be a very good person, like you.
-And I'll be there to show him the way. Is almost weird to not have them both flashing around laughing.
C-I knew you liked when they did that.
I sigh and shrugging we go together to get them for dinner and we find them all three with Nagisa and his own daughter Aquamarine. Nagisa has them watching a movie on the TV and they are very into it.
Na-Hi. I hope you don't mind. She seemed pretty bored.
-Is fine by me. They do seem to get along very well. Mind if we join?
Na-Do join. The more the merrier.
With that we join the group in watching the movie and we get caught up and losing track of time with all the fun we are having.
A/N: This next part are going to be just two or three moments with CC and his growing family. Enjoy the moments.

Three years later
No one's POV, as reader.
We see as CC sits on the couch reading a book of poetry. Cassandra is taking care of their newborn kid, Zack, with Connor, as usual, trying to help as he can. The twins are playing with a tablet for the moment. We see when they get bored they both turn towards their dad curiously. Pyro goes away to play with his car toys as she stays looking at CC in curiosity.
Jo-What you doing?
CC-Reading, you want something?
Jo-Can I read with you?
He gives her a look but smiling he gets the book away and getting her up on his lap he takes the book again and he reads along with her. She reads slowly and when she doesn't understands something she looks at him and he explains it patiently. After a while she falls asleep and he takes her to the bed with ease.

Two years later
A few days after the fifth child is born
CC POV
I watch as dad takes the kids away leaving just me and Cassandra alone. The four of them give their mother a kiss on the cheek before they disappear towards the hall. When they are gone I turn to her and I give her hand a squeeze and a kiss.
-They are good kids.
She takes a breath and is obviously difficult for her to speak. She speaks softly and weakly.
C-Yes they are.
-You know, we still can find a way to save you and you can see our kids grow, play with them and scold them when they disobey and such things.
C-Cam.
She smiles softly at me and I remain silent. I can feel tears on my eyes but I don't give in to them.
C-We tried everything. Besides, is too late now, I am way too sick.
-I am not sure I can go on without you.
C-You did it before, for ten years.
-That was different. Now you're here and together we can find a solution and we can.........
C-Hey, that time I was lost and you found me but now, you know as well as I do that there is nothing to do.
-But....
C-You have to be strong, for our kids. I might not be able to play with them again but you can. Please, be strong for them. For all of them, Connor, Pyro, Josephine, Zack, Edward. Be strong for them, they will need you, let them be your strength.
-They need you too.
C-Cam. Can you do me a favor?
-Sure.
C-Here, let me lean on you.
I sit with her and she cuddles weakly on my lap her head pressed to my chest.
C-I love you Camus Comprix.
With tears coming down my face I take a shaky breath and I respond.
-I love you too Cassandra.
C-Take care of them.
I feel her hand on my chest and the other on my hand. I can feel her hand squeezing mine softer each time and weaker. Her heartbeat becomes weaker and softer as well. I feel when she draws her last breath and suddenly it feels too empty. Her hand falls off from my chest. I clutch her tightly to me. I lost her. I can't speak or do anything. I try to convince myself that she's just sleeping and that tomorrow I will wake up to her making breakfast for all of us but deep down I know the truth, I just don't want to believe is true. I look at her, she looks at peace. I caress her hair a bit and taking a closer look at her I don't know if is my imagination or the truth but I think I see her lips twisted in a smile. Suddenly I remember the last thing she heard me say. I told her I loved her. She wanted me to say that for her. I gasp and feeling how her hand feels colder by the moment I gasp and finally crying I clutch her tightly to me again. I hug her with all I have and I cry silently letting all my sadness out. She's dead and this time I can't get her back. I cry and cry. It might be the only time I can cry this freely as I have to be strong for our kids. I'm glad I met her and I'm glad and happy she's the mother of my kids. Despite all of the bumps and little jokes with each other she married me and not only she gave me her love but also five wonderful kids. Five kids that will grow without a mother now. With that thought I cry even more until I run out of tears for now. Everything is going to be alright.

To be continued five years later......................