277

I watch as Trix splashes her feet on the water softly. I am in no hurry to get her in just yet but she seems happy there. I swim to her side and I just sit and look at her. She gives me a look and she smiles.
T-The edge is boring.
I laugh and I pat her head kindly.
-Having fun?
T-Yes but......
-But?
T-Why can't I swim if you swim very good? Mom swims too and I can't.
-Let me tell you a secret.
I get her up and on my lap and speaking softly and so only she can hear I tell her.
-Mommy doesn't know how to swim either. I have to hold her so she stays safe. You and her are so much alike.
T-So you like us not swimming?
-Well, just a bit. But you can learn how to swim if you want.
T-I can learn. Let's go, take me with you. I didn't forgot.
With that she tries to get on the water but I hold her back.
-Just one second. Stay put.
She does and I get in and turning to her I smile. She looks at me and she smirks and jumps in. A bit alarmed I keep her close and holding her she laughs and I sigh.
-Don't do that again. Don't jump like that ever again.
T-Is fun.
-A bit of fun. Now then, hold my hands still.
Holding her hands on my hand I pull her apart slowly. She smiles and splashes a bit and I get her close and apart again before I turn so she gives a swim around me and she laughs happy. The best part is that I don't have to tell her anything, she's a natural. I decide to try something and getting her still and close I go to a less deeper part.
-You're a natural.
She smiles and holding her a bit I tell her.
-Let's try something else. Here, relax, close your eyes. If you can float you can swim.
T-How do I do that?
Ev-Like swimming but without moving.
We look at dad and he shrugs and goes away to the other side.
T-Is it like that?
-Yes, you just have to stay still.
I laugh as she's already doing it but she hasn't realized it yet.
T-Can you teach me how?
-I don't have to teach you. Look, you're already doing it.
She opens her eyes and showing her my hands she smiles realizing I'm not holding her and she laughs.
T-I did it? I did it.
-Yes you did. Come on, let's take a break.
She shrugs and taking her we get out of the pool and go to the table with her mother. I take a towel and getting on my knees I wrap it around her. She smiles and holds it a bit.
T-I'm hungry and thirsty.
L-Here.
Mother gives her a juice and she brightens up and taking it she drinks until is done. She laughs and taking the bottle I smile.
-Wow, you were really thirsty.
I get her up and to her seat and she patiently waits for her food to be done. I make the first for her mother and she looks at me sadly.
-This one will be for you.
T-No vegetables. Please.
-Just this once. You have to eat your vegetables and eat healthy if you want to be as strong as your me and as cute as your mother.
She laughs and getting up on her chair she gives me a kiss on the cheek before she hugs me kindly. I laugh and she goes back to sit down and I pass her the sandwich. She eats it slowly tasting every bite and I give her a kiss on the head before I turn to get myself my own meal. I take the little fridge and going to the hibachi I turn it on. As it heat up I open the bag and taking the fish out I get them on a stick each after getting them cleaned. I check the heat and is hot so I get the fishes there to be cooked.

 I check the heat and is hot so I get the fishes there to be cooked

Damn this looks so tasty. They're ready in no time at all and serving them I take a bite. Good. I turn and I see Trix looking at me from her place. She waves at me and laughing I go back with them.
-Hi.
I give Lu a kiss and sit at her side. Trix looks at the fish I'm eating curiously.
-Want to try it?
She negates and just watch as I eat. When I'm done she gives me my drink.
-Thank you.
L-She is such a sweetheart.
-Just like you.
We laugh and finishing they go away with me following them close behind. Lu carries her and she makes faces at me over her mother's shoulder. I laugh as she does and do some silly faces myself. As we get back home she brushes her teeth and takes a bath and coming out with a towel she asks me to help her dress. As a little girl I get a bit ashamed.
-Why don't you ask mommy to help you dress? She is a girl like you.
She pouts but still goes and what a save. After she's dressed she comes back and gives me a hug and I give her the goodnight kiss and get her to bed. I stay with her until she falls asleep and I go to my own room with Lu.
L-I'm going to take her to shop and such things in a few days. Girl time.
-So I can't go?
L-Unless you want to use a dress, no.
-And if I use the dress?
L-I would know so, no. Is girls only.
-Then we will make a guys only party then.
She laughs and pulling me down she gives me a sweet kiss. I laugh too and I press her close to me.
-I love you.
L-I love you more.
I keep her pressed to me and sighing we go to sleep.

After a few days both Lu and Trix have been keeping a distance from me. They're planning something, is very obvious but what, that I don't know. One morning I wake up late and she's not on the bed with me. At first I think is normal but then I see the message. She's going to shop, the girl time with Trix. I almost forgot about that. I sigh and getting up from bed I look around. What to do? What to do?
Evzen POV
As I am playing a pool game with the other guys we see as Leo approaches.
L-Who's winning?
Ka-I am. Want to join?
He shrugs before he goes to the bar and serves a drink for himself and comes up to see us play. The next few hours we drink and play and make small talk until we reach a certain topic.
-So, where are your girls?
L-Having girl time.
CJ-And this little boy wasn't invited?
L-Very funny.
He laughs and taking his drink he finishes it and sighs.
L-Well, I'm getting more. Any of you want more?
-We can get it ourselves. Later or bring a bottle.
He stands and brings two bottles. He serves himself a bit and he sighs. Everyone is playing their own game and we stay seated. I sit down and I look at him. He seems distracted and a bit off when suddenly he frowns and I notice his knuckles going white and then the glass breaks on his hand and he snaps out of it. He waves it off disinterested and I sigh and taking him by the wrist I hold him.
-Come on, come here. Let me fix that for you.
He shrugs and I bandage his hand and he takes a deep breath.
L-Thank you.
-What happened?
L-I don't know, is just, I got a feeling. I don't know. I just need to sleep and relax a bit.
-Probably for the best. Rest a bit over here.
I take him to the couch and he relaxes a bit. I play around but keeping an eye on him at all times. He falls asleep and after a while there is a few cracking noises from out the window.
M-Do you hear that?
Ka-What is that?
-I think is coming from here.
I go to the window and opening it I take a step back as a snake slides in. We all take a step back from it and she stops with each of us until she stops on Leo. He wakes up and seeing the snake he's instantly on alert. After a moment he gets up and after the snake gets around and up his shoulders he walks away without a word. There is a moment of silence before we get back to it.
CJ-Well, that was weird.
Ka-Do you know what happened?
I shrug and closing the window I pass a hand through my hair.
-I'm having a bad feeling about this.
CJ-Should we follow him?
-No but let's keep alert. Calix.......
C-Already on it. I have him located.
With that he sits back and taking a deep breath he focuses on keeping an eye out for him.
Leonardo POV
I run up following the snake and I know where they are but I can't get close. The place is in lock down. No one gets in, no one gets out. I turn to the snake and getting it down on the floor she goes in by the sidelines and unnoticed. My gaze follows it until I see that she slides in one of the ambulances and so I go there and I almost don't believe my eyes. Both my wife and my daughter are there. Both of them are unconscious. I try to get in but a nurse stops me.
?-Get back sir.
-That's my wife and daughter, let go of me.
Pushing him back I get in the ambulance with them.
-What happened?
Nurse-An assault. The kid we gave her a medicine to keep her quiet and calm. Should wear off soon and her, we are keeping her stable for now until we can get her to the hospital and treat her properly.
-Keep her stable?
Nurse-According to witnesses she jumped in the middle to protect the little girl and got hurt in the process. We were checking her things to call someone but, there is no need for that now. You're here and, how did you know?
-Is hard to explain and long. How long until we can get her to the hospital?
He shrugs and giving me a paperwork he speaks.
Nurse-We are waiting for the nurse to arrive. She's checking some other patients.
-Can't you drive yourself?
He gives me a look and I know he can't do anything and waving him off he goes away and I sigh. How did this happen? For a moment I tense up until I hear as Trix starts to wake up. I take her hand and she looks at me and gives me a sad smile.
T-Daddy?
-I'm here. I'm here.
T-Mommy.
-Hey, is alright, is alright. Is alright.
I kiss her forehead and she goes still crying silently. After a while the doctor comes and we finally go to the hospital. They let us stay together but we are separated on the hospital. Lu goes to intensive care and I stay with Trix in a bedroom for her to give her a checkup to make sure she's fine. I sigh relieved as the only thing she has is a scare. Nothing bad, just the impression of everything. After the doctor is gone I follow and the probabilities of Lu to survive are slim, very slim. I still stay positive that she will get through and I stay strong for Trix but she is very smart and very perceptive. She knows more than I give her credit for sometimes. I get in and sit with her. She hugs me kindly and I pat her head softly. We don't say anything and I stay until she falls asleep. Taking my phone out I call dad to come. I need to let this out and figure some things out too but I can't let Trix see me like this. I'm holding it in for her but inside, is a chaos.

To be continued...................