CHAPTER 44 - A STEP CLOSER INTO YOU

Chapter 44 - A Step Closer Into You 

At Times,You seem so far away

And At Times, I find you standing right next to me

It maybe a dream, i never want to wake up from

For its something I want to hold onto Close

And I know that in my heart, I will never be apart from you.

Strange though, even though reality screams otherwise, my heart always end up taking that one step, closer into you.

...................

Two Days Later

Arnav waited for Khushi to return from the washroom, and in the meanwhile, he stowed up their luggage on the trolley.They had just landed in Zurich,and would be on their way to Interlaken soon.He finished picking up the luggage and right then his phone rang and he saw Asad's name flashing on the screen he picked upland before he could say anything he heard Asda speak - " Khushi wasn't picking up her phone, so I thought ill check with you that all's well.."

Arnav smiled to himself, the big brother mode was on in Asad's voice.He cleared his throat as he spoke - " Yes, Asad, all is well, we just landed, you have absolutely nothing to worry, Khushi didn't pick up your call probably because she's freshening up..."

Asad - " Ohk, ask her to call me once she's in the cab ok??"

Arnav sensed thats oemthing was off in his voice so he asked - " whats up with you??is everything ok??"

He heard Asad sigh on the other end as he spoke - " well not exactly..."

Arnav - " what happened?? Zoya's been giving you a hard time i know, is this about that??"

Asad - " well, no its just that Im just glad that Khushi left London just in time..."

Arnav - " what do you mean??"

Asad - " well although we decided to keep silent on Arhaan's matter, but i asked Aman to ask a private investigator to keep a close watch on his travel, i wanted to know when he left Germany and where would he go, because its just better to be alert, and i just got to know that he landed in London, just when you guys were on the flight, it could be a coincidence for sure, because if he wanted to get in touch with Khushi, he would have landed the same time as her, but I was just worried..."

Arnav tried to control his own worry from reflecting in his voice as he spoke - " it could be that he's come for work..but you are right, its a point of concern..."

Asad - " look Arnav, i know this conference is really important to attend, but it isn't until tomorrow right, would you mind accompanying Khushi to Interlaken?? I mean I would just feel better that she isn't alone for a while...and i know you'v probably been very cordial to her, because off me and Zoya..."

Arnav tried too control his laugh at that, as he spoke straightening his voice - " Asad realx, i know you are worried and Khushi is a good friend to me too, so don't worry, i will be with her and make sure that she reached Interlaken safely...ok??"

He heard Asad sigh with relief - " thank you so much Arnav, i owe you this one..."

Arnav - " yeah right, anyway, hows work coming along??"

Asad - " good, and i want you to get a heads up from me before you meet Zoya, we'v been sort of communicating over texts for a couple of days now..."

Arnav smiled as he heard that - " really???? thats awesome..come to think off it, now I wont have to drop a big brick on her head to get her to come back to her senses when i meet her..."