Chapter 24 - Longing

Saturday - 7 PM - London

Khushi looked at her reflection in the mirror,as she brushed her hair,and then fixed her hair,she smiled, she was really liking this dress, she should wear green more often, she decided. She picked up her lipstick,and applied it,and she grinned at herself.She loved her look.Right then her phone rang,and she picked it up, as she said - " yes, im ready Arhaan, im coming down..."

Arhaan - " no, im coming to get you..."

Khushi smiled - " ok..."

So the reason for this happiness was, that finally the campaign at AR was over,and it had been a huge success,and that was the reason for the party tonight at AR.Not just that, she and Mark had been greatly appreciated by everyone,who didn't like appreciation.She walked to her kitchen as she drank a glass of water, she was so happy, that her work at AR was finally over, and she wouldn't have to see him again,and all the uneasiness she had been feeling would finally wash away,she was sure.Ever since he had told her, that he wa sin love with her, there was a part of her, that stupid idiotic one,that was still in love with him, couldn't stop shoving his memories in her face,but she had been strong , strong enough to avoid him nonetheless.She knew she had to keep her guard on,she couldn't fall into the trap of his love once again, she feared about being trampled over again,and she would be dammed if she let Arnav Singh Raizada have that power over her again,maybe sometimes Love wasn't enough,and in their case, it certainly hadn't been enough then, it certainly wasn't enough now.

She took a deep breath,and instructed herself to not think of him, and right then she heard the knock on the door,and she opened,and she smiled as she saw Arhaan,and she said - " i would have come down, you didn't need to..."

Arhaan looked at her ,she was gorgeous, this woman, so so pretty,he smiled as he walked in taking her hand as he said - " i had to, because i need to talk to you, before we get to the party..."

Khushi walked with him, and sat on her sofa as she asked - " ok, so , what is it??"

Arhaan looked at her and he kissed her hand as he said - " ok, i have to leave at Midnight, for Germany, have the 4 am flight, something at work came up, i will be back in a week or so..."

Khushi touched his arm as she said - " oh thats ok, i understand...relax..."

Arhaan looked at her as he said - " will you come with me??"

Khushi was now shocked - " what???me???"

Arhaan held her hand - " yeah, i mean my uncle and aunt really want to meet you..."

Khushi gave him a small smile as she said - " Arhaan, but iv got work,and i cant take such a long leave, you know that I can't..."

Arhaan - " yeah, i know, but couldn't stop myself from trying my luck....anyways maybe later...lets go..."

Khushi got up and walked with him out and just as they were about to step in the elevator Arhaan held her hand as he said - "did i tell you , how beautiful you look tonight..."

Khushi smiled as she said - " no you didn't..."

Arhaan grinned as he stepped in, taking her hand - " oh what i fool, iv been, but isn't my fault, im not in my state of mind when im around you..."

Khushi rolled her eyes - " very funny...",and they stepped out and got into his car,and she started to drive to AR.

..........

AR London - 730 PM

Arnav put on his coat,and he looked at himself in the mirror.The campaign had been a success,and that was very good for AR.Usually at these moments he would feel really good and would want to celebrate, but today he didn't feel like it at all.Khushi had gone on her - Ignore Arnav Singh Raizada mode,after that night,and he hadn't been able to get her alone at all,firstly also because work had kept them both tied up,and second every time he tried she would find one excuse or the other to run away,he had no idea, why she was doing this.He closed his eyes, and his heart immediately took him back to the their tim in his office two days ago.He had told her everything, he had bared his heart out.He recalled her words -