CHAPTER 29 - BROKEN

CHAPTER 29 - BROKEN

Asad stood stunned,as he realised that his mind was signalling something that his heart didn't want to beleive, the way Zoya was looking at him right now, with doubt and accusation in her eyes,really shook him to the core.

Khushi looked from Zoya to her bhaijaan,and back again, the look of doubt Zoya had on her face wasn't a good sign and she knew she had to intervene as she said - " no way, bhaijaan would never..."

In that moment, Zoya felt all of her world come crashing down,Asad had done this?? Rekha, did say Asad's name, he was behind all of this?? Why would she lie to her, what reason she had to lie about this all?? She knew the doubt that she had in her mind was showing on her face, and she knew Asad could see it in her eyes, he knew her way too well.

Right then Dilshaad walked out the kitchen and she said - " what happened?? why is there so much silence all of a sudden??

Khushi watched the worried look on her mothers face, and the first thing she did was hid the newspaper, as she gestured to Arhaan for help,as she said - "ammi, its nothing..."

Arhaan understood what Khushi wanted , and of course her mother had just recovered, she didn't want to worry her, and so he said - " aunty, how about if i take you out?? i mean i would love to get to know you..."

Dilshaad looked at Arhaan and she smiled - " are you sure??"

Arhaan - " ofcourse, i know of this excellent dessert place near by, found it online, why don't i take you there, it'll be a change for you..."

Khushi immediately jumped in - " yes ammi, an excellent idea, isn't it??"

Dilshad nodded - "Well, i couldn't not agree...come lets go...khushi you aren't coming??"

Khushi wanted to be with Zoya and her brother, because she wanted to handle the situation from going out of proportion,but she knew it was also important to distract her mother right now, as she said - " of course im coming...come on lets go..."

Khushi thanked Arhaan,silently,and the three followed out, Khushi looked at her brother and gestured him to relax and handle this up in his room, so that Ruksaar couldn't hear, she was kind of ammi's own spy.

Asad nodded, and he watched them leave and she took Zoya's hand, and he could see that she was stunned and shocked,and he led her to their room as he finally shut the door.

It was only when the door shut, did Zoya finally whisper in shock - " Asad, you did hear your name on the phone right?? Rekha, i know her ever since I came back, we at AR had a good relationship with the Times,she had no reason to lie, Asad, say something, you did this??why?? why did you do this to me"

Asad felt as if in that one moment all his world came crashing down, the accusation in her voice, and he felt betrayed, so betrayed that she didn't trust him , that she could even for a minute think so low of him and he walked upto her, and looked at her in the eye,as he caged her in between his arms - " what did you just say?? Zoya?? is that what you think off me?? do you really think i could stoop so low?? so low?? dammit, its you who has been written about, do you possibly think i could do anything to harm you, you are the one i love, do you possibly think i would have my wife, the love of my life publicly humiliated like that?? is that really what you think of me??"

Zoya,saw the look on his face ,and it broke her, but it was as if her mind had a mind of its own right now, it went on a overdrive as she said curtly,her own anger rising as her mind started to connect a few dots - " well, i know that you hate my family,yes this is humiliation to me, but thats collateral damage, its more like public humiliation my family and my brother have been subjected too, as good as if they were made into a laughing stock, and what about the pictures?? they were off here, just yesterday??did you have someone take them?? did you really do this to hurt my brother??? answer me now, dammit???? as if the way you barged in to my house,wasnt enough, that hurt me too, dont you see, hurting them will hurt me too, why did you have to do something like this??just whyyy??? just answer me dammit, now.......", she yelled at him.