Chapter 13- If Only

Chapter 13 - If Only

I am sure, there are a lot of times, in our lives, when we ponder upon these two words.If only.If only things happened in this way, if only I had done this differently, If only, i had reacted differently, If only this, or if only that.There are a lot of times in our lives, that we wish to do things differently than what we actually do, and its almost ironic that when in a particular moment, the wish of doing what the heart yearns for,gets washed away by situations and circumstances. There are many times, we wonder, especially when it comes to the heart, if only we could have actually done what the heart wanted, then maybe things would have been different.And i have heard somewhere, something which i believe strongly, and no matter how much we wish to delay or live in denial, its always really the best, to tell someone how you feel, because opportunities are lost in a blink of an eye, but regrets,can last a lifetime,and some regrets have that power to really, last a lifetime.

...............

London - Monday 4 PM

Khushi watched Zoya out of the corner of her eye, as she watched her brother leave her room, and she decided to question Zoya finally.Something was really up, it really was, ever since she had returned with her breakfast in the hospital, she was trying to be over enthusiastic,which always signalled, that something was wrong,because that was just Zoya,and she knew her way too well,and seems like her brother had noticed too, as she had heard him ask,Zoya a numerous times, if everything was alright, to which she had answered that yes it was,and so she thought that maybe she needed to talk to Zoya, alone,and the minute she had suggested her brother to use Zoya's appt to relax for sometime, she knew the time was now. And so she finally asked -

"Ok Zo, hes gone now, spill the beans..."

Zoya looked at Khushi, as she tried to hide her turmoil - " what are you talking about Khushi?? spill what??"

"Spill what the hell is wrong with you, something happened right?? Cmon Zoya, i know you way too well..."

Zoya smiled - " I know Khushi but you need to rest now, ok, we can talk later..."

"Zoya , i am fine, completely, its been hours since we are back home, and something is just off, i need to know, what is it??"

Zoya finally gave up, Khushi knew her way to well, so she took a deep breath as she spoke - "Khushi, i spoke to bhai this morning,i thought he didn't know about your accident...."

Khushi felt her insides churn at the mention of his name,and she stated blankly- " he knew Zoya, Riya called him by mistake, but he doesn't care, so its ok...i understand he hates me...."

"How do you know, he doesn't care?? obviously he does Khushi....", said Zoya, trying to cover up, so that Khushi wouldn't be more hurt that she already was.

Khushi gave her a sad smile, as she held her hand - " you are the best friend, anyone can ever wish for, Zoya, but you dont need to cover up, i know he doesn't care, and i need to face the truth,he told me he doesn't...."

Zoya asked shocked - " he did?? when??"

"Yes he did, along with how much he hates me..."

"What??when did he??"

"he spoke to me for a few minutes last night,you know to make that clear....", stated Khushi.

Zoya asked shocked at her brothers insenstivity - " last night?? you mean, he told all those things to you, after he knew you were in an accident, and in the hospital..???"

Khushi nodded - " yeah, but its ok Zoya, i understand....so relax..."

Zoya - "relax?? how can I khushi when i know he  is being so insensitive, i cant believe this, he is so going to regret this, i know he is, i told that to him this morning, along with the truth, that it never really was your fault in the first place, that it was all my fault Khushi, that i gave you the false name, and asked you to play along, I thought he would soften after hearing it, but he's just so mad,and he's given me 48 hours to be back home, why is he doing this?? just why cant he understand, i cant leave, not when you need me, and more so Asad, what am i going to say to him??"