Chapter 16 - Moving On

London - Noon

Khushi stood in the shower as she held the wall for support,as she let the hot water calm her nerves. Her injury was much better, or maybe it was just that the pain of her heartbreak was surpassing the physical pain, she had brought upon herself.Shivers went down her spine, as she realised what could have happened, if the accident would have been worse, if something would have happened to her, what would her mother and brother do?.And she had been so careless, she always was,infact that was how she had met him, for the first time, he had saved her hadn't he?.She fought back tears as she reminded herself, how deeply he regretted it.She shoved his thought aside bitterly, as she fought her emotions.She would not think of him, she commanded herself not too, ever think of Arnav Singh Raizada ever again.She knew she had lied, she knew she had hidden the truth, but under no circumstances did she deserve what he had given her.One heartbreak after another.And now she really couldn't feel anything at all, because nothing was left of her heart in the first place.But she had no one to blame but herself, because she had handed him her heart again and again, and he had trampled over it again and again.How could she hold on anymore?? She couldnt, she didn't have it in her, she had for the sake of he rlove, put aside her self respect, only to be insulted in the most brutal way.She quickly wiped her tears, she had pined over him enough, she had held on enough, but not anymore.

She loved him, and maybe that part of her heart should just be happy, that it could get to live in is dreamland, atlas for a few days, but now, everything was over.So it was just, she locked that part of her heart, along with the pain she felt.She couldn't do this to herself anymore.She loved herself,her family did,Zoya did,her friends did.She owed herself this one, big time.She would not cry again, she decided strongly. Tears never resulted in any gain, it only brought misery, and she was done being miserable.She had to forget everything, no matter what, she had to move on, she had to forget his memories, she had to smile, and she had to stop punishing herself.She had to forget him.Because her mind logically told her one thing very clearly - he really didn't deserve her love.He didn't,what had she been thinking?? She really had been so stupid, to think that he would have fallen in love with her.She should have better known, his track record of relationships proved everything she didn't want to believe before.She had wanted to believe he was different,but she had been so so wrong. Just maybe it was good this happened, maybe she really needed this blow, to come out of her fantasy land and grow up.

Her life was her's not anyone else's to toy with, to play with and just dump aside. And its not that just because of him, she would stop believing the the wonderful institution of love.She knew, one day she would find someone, worthy of her love, who loved her back, no matter what, and as much as her heart had wanted that person to be Arnav Singh raizada , she knew, her heart had now finally understood, that it would never be him. She wouldn't give him any more power over her, she wouldn't cry, she wouldn't punish herself over him a minute longer, she couldn't shed a tear extra, anymore.She had pitied herself way too much, and she couldn't believe she had,but she wouldn't anymore, after all she wasn't the first one on this planet to have their heart broken.She just had to believe in herself, that she had the strength to mend herself,and she knew she did.

She shut the shower, and got out, walked out draping her robe, and she stared at her reflection in the mirror,she had never seen herself so pale. And she never would,because now she would change everything.Because the one he had loved had put her love on the shelf, and he never cared.She had been stupid enough to live a lie with him, but not anymore.She had to be honest to herself and live the truth now, the reality of her Life. She knew, she deserved so much better, and she was sure, it would come her way. Her love had been blind, so blind, and it was time to wake up.Somewhere deep down, she did fear, would she ever be able to love again, she didn't know, but she would try,she surely would.She owed it to herself.There had to be someone out there, for sure, someone who would love her, and treasure her like she had dreamed off.