Chapter 17 - Stealing Time

Five Months Later

Raizada Constructions

6.00 PM - Monday

Zoya shut her laptop, and packed her bag for the day.It had been a long day, Monday's always were.However, there was one thing that kept her very excited about her day, which was her weekly date with the love of her life. It had been five months, since she had returned to India, and then Asad had too.Five months, they had been meeting in hiding,mostly only once a week, and that too Monday nights.That was so because, Monday's were superbusy days for the rest of her family members, specially her brother.He worked overtime on Monday for sure. It was easier , also because just no one she knew,her family or friends went out on Monday nights, so the risk of being spotted with Asad was really low. It was frustrating for sure, because obviously, meeting once a week, that too for a few hours,wasnt just ever enough.They hadn't got much time, with each other, no matter how much they had tried to steal time for each other, something or the other always came up.And to top it all, three months ago, just when shed completed two months at AR Designs, her brother had handed her, the reigns of Raizada Constructions, he supervised over her, for sure but he had handed over the operations,and the execution bit of it all.She had tried to fight his decision, because she didn't want to work in a company that was directly in competition with Asad, but he hadn't left her with much choice, he had explained how he had too much on his hands, and he really could use her help.She had to agree reluctantlyShe smiled as she remembered the shocked look on Asad's face, when shed told him, that she was taking over the management of Raizada Constructions.It had complicated things a little, but all settled soon, as they made a pact to keep their professional and personal lives, miles apart from each other. And things had been working out, expect for the fact, that amongst Khan- Raizada, personal and professional rivalry, they weren't getting as much time, as they had thought, for each other.They literally had to steal time to even talk, and the meetings, were possible only once a week.She knew, Asad was disappointed too, just like she was, but he also knew this was the best that could be done, given the circumstances.

She was ready to leave, when her phone rang, and she picked it up as she smiled -" Khushi , how are you??

"Great Zoya, just busy with work, you know how Monday's are...but just stepping out for lunch with Arhaan...oh do you know, he's going to Bombay this friday, for a conference, and few meetings with the real estate group, he's invested in,and i found out, its the same conference you and bhaijaan will be attending too....", she replied.

Zoya - " thats great Khushi, so finally i guess, ill get to meet this mystery man, Arhaan..."

"Oh cmon Zoya, hes not a mystery, you know everything...hes been a very good friend, amongst all this change...", she heard Khushi.

Zoya smiled - " ofcourse, i know, he's been a great support to you, and i cannot thank him enough for that, but you know what,i really feel,by looking at the pictures of the two of you together, he's really into you, I'm sure he is, but don't you think this will mess up, incase you don't clear out...I mean, you know what I mean?"

"yeah, i do, but i cannot clear it yet, because, im trying to figure out if I feel something too, you know he's different, i can trust him, if anything he's been there for me, always, and theres no harm in giving this a chance...."

Zoya asked worriedly - " are you sure? you know, i dont want you to hurry into anything..."

"Oh Zoya, you know I am not hurrying into anything, its been five months, and i think i know him well enough..look i know you are worried for me, but trust me, you dont have to be, i got this, anyways what are you doing??"