chapter twenty one// Now or never

Chapter twenty one

.

Insert playlist

.

Korede

I left Anjola and walked alone to the car. I wanted to stay with her, I wanted to hold her and I wanted so bad to kiss her a million times over and over again. But I just couldn't. She was doing something to me and I didn't like it at all.

She made me feel different; she made my knees buckle to the extent that it almost hurts. But it was all wrong, I felt like I was taking advantage of her and I was also breaking my promise to her.

I opened the car and got in feeling really stupid. I knew she liked me, I knew I liked her but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. My palm itched to touch her and my lips craved hers. I looked out and saw her coming so I started the car.

She didn't say a word to me; she just entered, strapped her seat belt on and crossed her arms over her chest. I could tell she was hurt. But why was she hurt? We weren't dating and we're adults right? She shouldn't b fussing over it like some delusional teenager.

"You want to grab a bite?" I asked her hoping to break the awkwardness. She looked at me for a second then she averted her eyes immediately.

"Just let's go home." She said without looking at me. Her arms were still crossed over her chest. Was she fighting with her ancestors ni?

"But I'm hungry na?"

"Follow that monkey eyed girl now."

"Are we jealous?" I asked on purpose to push her and make her talk.

"Korede you can't take me out on a date, kiss me and then slap the ass of some idiot right in front of me without explanations." She said all in one breath. As she talked, she threw her hands back and forth and I found it really cute. She didn't even look at me through out.

"So? Did I mention anything about it being a date? And about the kiss, we're adults na."

"Em... Yes na, me I was just teasing you, we both know we were just living in the moment." She said nervously and looked away again.

She was right though; we did not need to complicate our situation by catching feelings for each other, which would definitely just make it worse for us.

...

The rays of the sun from my window woke me up. I scratched my head and grabbed the boxers I kept on my night stand because I always slept naked.

It's been a month since Anjola had been living here and we just went about our activities normally. I went to work, she went to school. I had my usual outings, she had he job at the hotel and she always came back in the mid night.

We never even watched TV together; it was like there was this imaginary wall that separated us even though we were living in the same house. She kept her end of the deal by doing the cooking and cleaning and I allowed her to stay here.

Although I wanted it all to stop. The more we pretended we weren't feeling what we were, the more it drove me crazy; the more she drove me crazy.

What was even more alarming was that throughout the one month I had known Anjola was that I had not slept with any girl. Not Nosifat, not a random girl, even Leila wasn't on my mind. I always wanted to come home early so she could see that I wasn't so bad. It's not as if the babe even noticed. Everybody just did their own thing.

A week ago I was coming back from work and I had the intense desire to be with a woman. That's right; konji was catching me on me. It was so bad that I spotted a girl on the sidewalks along panseke road; she was probably a MAPOLY student and university students were usually the best catch so I parked my car and spoke to her. Of course she was ecstatic.