chapter twenty six// discoveries

Chapter twenty six
.

Korede's POV

.
Insert playlist

I suspended my conversation to listen to what Jide had to say about my beautiful Baby. She was so vibrant, talking everybody captive with her beautiful eyes and amazing personality.

"Aren't you one of the olosho's that got hired for this party I attended last month?" He said in a mocking tone, as he took a sip out of his beer.

I waited for Anjola to burst into laughter so I could do same but her face fell immediately.

Jide took another sip out of his beer and waited for Anjola to answer the question. Everybody stopper what they were doing as well in anticipation of the pretty light skinned lady's answer.

I was waiting as well. I was waiting for her to deny it. For her to laugh and Jide's stupidity. For her to prove him wrong. Was I wrong to even wait? Was I wrong to doubt?

I couldn't help but remember what Tobi had been planning in my head over and over again. "you don't know the kind of woman you're with." The atmosphere wasn't even helping matters at all and I suddenly became cold. The clouds became darker but I knew it wasn't going to rain because the weather forecast showed a calm night.

"Oya now. Amaka dissapoint him." Tobi said in between quiet laughter. Knowing Tobi, he didn't want to piss my father off from laughing to hard but he couldn't hide his weird joy either. He knows something.

I kept my eyes trained at Anjola, not bothering about every other person at the table, not bothering about the party or anything else there. Her presence was so critical and I wanted to bore into her soul but there was something blocking me off.

"Answer me na abi... Ya in the mood again?" Jide asked mockingly, his speech slurring from the presence of alcohol in his system.

"Dear why don't you talk now. A simple yes or no would suffice." My mom spoke up. She was a perfectionist and she always kept her head when others were loosing theirs. Even during that moment. That trying moment.

"Talk na Ahn Ahn abi you're a olosho ni let us know ah." Ewatomi mocked as she twirled the slim champagne glass between her equally slim fingers. The red nail polish stood out well on her light skin.

Not removing my eyes from her, I used them to desperately beg her to talk and free me of this new, unexpected burden. I wanted my eyes to search her and touch her at the place she holds dearest, I mentally begged her soul to talk to her her brain so that her mouth could be prompted to produce some actual words. But nothing. Absolutely nothing.

In a swift move, she picked her purse up and stands up from the table.

As she made for her face step, she trips and falls chest down, causing her to crash into a server. The first thing I heard was Ewatomi's high pitched laughter followed by silent chuckles from every other person at the table and at the other tables. Nobody even made an attempt to help her.

I stood up immediately to help her but my mom grabbed my hand immediately. "She deserves it." She said calmly.

Thirty seconds later, she was still wincing from the pain on the floor, trying to get up. Her left hand clutched her chest and the right one was supporting her leg as she made and attempt to stand up but she failed again.

I couldn't stand watching her suffer but I couldn't leave my mum either. I was between a rock and a hard place.

As I was still trying to figure out if I should help her on not, a man in a wine colored suit took her by the hand and lifted her up. She couldn't stand up do he lifted her up bridal style. Stupid son of a gun. I could feel my blood boiling beneath my skin. Screw it all.

"So turns out your babe is a-"

"Tobi shut the fuck up." I cut Tobi short without caring that I was cussing. I walked out of the party my heart completely shattered, broken to pieces.

How could she?

How could she lie to me? Women are all the same. Materialistic, disgusting liars. 

***
I thought we had something different. I thought you were actually different. I thought you would make me different. All these thoughts filled my head as I drowned myself in alcohol at the bar at Ewatomi's house.

The dim lights brought out the beauty of the bar and it made me think about her. Traitor.

She took advantage of me, she took advantage of the fact that I had money. "Girls are all the same sha." I declare to myself as I downed another shot of tequila.

I rolled around in the chair as I hoped so desperately that the alcohol would made me forget all about her. That traitor, daughter of Jezebel.

I poured myself another shot and brought the small glass to my lips. I savoured the sharp taste of the tequila in hopes that it would make it to my heart and heal the foreign pain. It was so bad that it hurt; deep, deep inside.

The third shot made it to my lips and I suddenly felt like fondling a woman's breast. Of all the things she could've been a damned prostitute. Those cursed sex workers. She's a hoe, a freaking money hungry hoe damn it.

My palms itched for some boobs as I poured the third shot. I couldn't take it anymore. Damn you Anjola, damn you.

"Korede?" I heard a woman's voice coming closer. I quickly recognized the owner as Ewatomi as she made her way to the bar.

"Baby are you fine?" Her soft hands went around my neck. It was so soft and supple, so soothing to touch like fine linen.

"Ewatomi I-"

"Don't talk sweetie." She cut me short. She picked a glass up from the shelf and filled our glasses.

"To you darling." We toasted and without hesitation, she pulled me in for a kiss. The kiss was sloppy but a woman's touch was what I needed to get over that...  that... Disgusting woman.

In no time at all, I unclapsed her bra and dug my hands into what my palms had been craving for and boy was it soft.

Hiiiiiiii it's been so longgg. Okay I'll stop typing now so y'all can enjoy.