chapter 24// This slit

Hey you, yes you! Don't forget to click on 'vote'. It's the only compensation I get ;)

Chapter twenty four

.

Insert playlist

.

Anjola

My heat raced faster than the super eagles did when they tried to retrieve the ball from Argentina. He looked me in the eye and I completely melted like heated butter. The two pools of chocolate gracing his well sculpted face searched mine for some answers causing my heart to accelerate at an abnormal level.

I was aware of his every move, the way his hands switched position every five seconds, the way he looked up, then at me then up again.

"Babe, do you have something to say to me? Because me I can't wait to have you on top, then under then on top of me again." He said in a sarcastic tone. I rolled my eyes at his dry jokes. I loved it when he did that... when he called me babe. It gave me a feeling of belonging.

I braced myself to let the painful words out but they stayed stuck in my throat, stinging me like a defensive scorpion. My mouth suddenly became dry like I did not just consume a whole bottle of soda and chilled water. I felt like I just gave a whole speech and my lips, teeth and tongue couldn't take it again.

"Anjola seriously though are you fine?" He asked, concern dripping all over him. He grabbed my arm slightly and looked into my eyes as if to say 'it's all okay Babes.' He only called me my name in serious situations and it was obvious that he was already changing moods.

Okay it's time Anjola

You can do this

"Korede you know my job at the hotel?" I said, picking my words carefully and slowly to avoid saying the wrong things. He nodded then I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't muster up the courage to say what I wanted so desperately for him to forgive me for.

"I'm right here Baby, you can tell me anything." He said softly and he stroked my arm softly. Each contact his palm made with my body sent shivers all the way down my spine, making me choke on two thousand words again.

What would happen was so obvious. Knowing Korede, he would insult me and throw me out of his house. I could only imagine what he would do if he found out I also slept with him on the job. He raised his brow up and decided to blurt it out.

"I got a promotion babe." I said out loud, my tone suddenly switching to a happy and excited one. His face immediately softened.

God what have I done? I had the words in my head, the right atmosphere. He was here and I was here. I just couldn't bring myself to do it; I couldn't bear seeing his mischievous and playful eyes looking at me with disgust and regret.

"Anjola are you fine?" He said as he touched my neck. He noticed the enthusiasm I had on and he wrapped me in a hug. "Babe that's so cool." He said, looking genuinely happy. "Do you want to kill me Ni?" Why did you do face like that?"

God, I don't think I can do this anymore.

"Come baby, let's celebrate." He said, grabbing my neck slowly.

"Korede no." I pushed him away. "I'm not your sex doll, something you can shove into and keep back in the cupboard whenever you so damn please." I climbed out of the bed and walked quickly to the bathroom.

Korede

It was the morning of Ewatomis cocktail party. I got up from my bed and rushed to the kitchen to pour Anjola a fresh cup of mango juice. I had my surprise all prepared for her and it was going to be mind blowing.