Chapter twenty eight // Vanity

Korede
I woke up sprawled beside Ewatomi on her deep red sheets. Sun rays threatened to take my eye sight as I looked at the window. Ewatomi there beside me- naked, chest down, exposing her flawless back.

Did we make love? What transpired between us overnight? I struggled to understand my situation. I had a tormenting headache that threatened to ruin the left side of my head. I wanted to stand up and pick my clothes up and just leave but I didn't want Ewatomi to look like a prostitute. I was tired of women, I was tired of everything that to do with them, maybe I should become gay. I guess if I slept with men, we could relate with each other properly.

But damn, man loves a good vagina.

I rubbed my head vigorously as if it was going to take away the headache and stepped out of bed but Ewatomi had other plans. Immediately I put my left foot on the cold tiled floor, the pulled me back.

"Baby you woke up already." She said seductively, turning back up, exposing her breasts. Those boobs. I remembered wanting to fondle a woman's chest then Ewatomi showed up, and that happened. I couldn't really remember what transpired after.

I took a deep breath as I thought about what I was going to say to her. I didn't want to get her hopes up or anything, she was too beautiful to be a with an asshole like me.

"Yeah, I think it's best I leave now." I said, picking my underwear up from the flowered tiles. It felt extremely awkward picking my stuff up and leaving her after what must have happened but sleeping with Ewatomi wasn't what I really needed.

"What do you mean leave?" She asked me, looking crossed. She sat up even more, supporting her back with the bed. "Korede you're not going to leave me after we made love."

"Correction baby, we had sex." Her face fell immediately those words came out. she licked her lower lip that still had some signs of the red lipstick from yesterday slowly and purposefully, her eye lashes batting at quick intervals. I didn't know where it came from but damn I had to say it, I didn't want her thinking we were boo'd up now or something like that.

"And the difference is?" She asked calmly. I knew Ewatomi well and that was just the calm before the storm; soon enough, she was going to erupt and fill my life with hot, burning lava.

"Baby."

"No don't baby me." She yelled at me. Damn, here it comes. "You're a complete idiot, get out of my room." She pointed at the door, her brown eyes a bit darker due to anger.

"Don't you dare touch anything." She yelled again when I made attempt to gather my clothes under the bed, starting from my underwear. Her eyes moved away from me and landed back on the door, it's shade growing even darker. Fury was evident in the dark balls and I knew she was hurt.

"But Ewatomi how am I going to-"

"Shut up and get out," She cut me short. "before I scream rape and get the guards to shoot you right in between your legs."

Ye!

I stood up immediately, not wasting anymore time; my palms moving to cover my manhood instinctively. She will shoot me there ke? I was tempted to look back because I felt her eyes on me, I felt her gaze and it burnt my back but then there was the little problem. Shoot me where?

If it was any other girl like Leila or Nosifat, I'd have walked out of there without looking twice, not even once sef. Those ones were built to give men pleasures, like a kind of sex machine.

I placed my fingers on the cold steel door knob. They were trembling furiously from the thought of anybody catching me in this state. A party was held here last night and of course, a few family members and friends must've stayed over.