chapter eighteen// please

Chapter eighteen

.

Insert playlist

.

Korede

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. The sound irritated my head so much it made my already terrible headache worse. I was naked on the bed and I couldn't recognize the room. "Korede, I am sick and tired of you acing irresponsible every time."

The last thing I needed now was a lecture from the old man, I felt like my head was about to explode like a raging volcano. I didn't even know where I was or what I had to drink yesterday. "And I am sick and tired of you thinking you control my life."

"Korede must you always make our lives difficult? You are twenty four years old and a man but you're much more useless than your mum."

"What do you want this time dad?" I said, already bored of the conversation. I had other better things to figure out like why I was naked and where I was.

"There was a royal meeting scheduled around seven today and I expected you to be there." I scratched my head and just waited for him to talk finish so I could hang up. He had Tobi and my ass kisser of a nephew so what does he want from me? Prince Koor Beans Ni.

"Popsi, I have a banging headache but I can be there in about an hour and we'll talk my incredible prince duties." I said. No way in hell was I attending a stupid meeting with stuck up social climbers.

"Are you stupid or just plain dumb? The meeting ended thirty minutes ago. Akorede I didn't make our fortune by being a lazy, spoilt brat. And stop referring to me as Popsi you idiot." He hung up which was a huge favor for me because I don't get to listen to that broken record next time he remembers the prodigal son.

I got up from the bed and searched for my boxers. I couldn't find it so I slipped into my jeans like that without underwear. I sat down on the bed and tried the play the events of last night back.

The drinks

We sat down.

The girl

I felt as disgusting and stupid. I allowed my fight with Anjola to make me drown myself in alcohol and sleep with a prostitute. A home wrecking, disgusting and cheap prostitute. The thought of me touching her made a tear run down my eyes.

I broke my promise to her. I promised my mom that when I grew up I would never touch a prostitute and whoever that disgusting bitch was, she got to me. I broke my oath but that was behind now, my mum didn't need to find out. She would actually be glad I found Anjola; I didn't know if I like her but she was special and I felt good with her for two reasons. One; she wasn't a prostitute and two; she didn't seem like other girls.

I had to apologize and make it up to her so I picked my shirt up and wore it. I didn't see my wallet on the table where my phone was. I had all my cards in it along with about forty thousand. I just hope that bitch wasn't a thief. Stupid sex workers.

I checked under the bed and found my wallet along with my boxers. I picked them up and threw the boxers in the trash pin. Then I picked my phone up and left the room.

...

I hurried to my car to prepare everything for my apology to Anjola. She was a special girl and I knew I hurt her feelings badly. The way she walked out of me filled me with anger but gave me goose bumps as well. No girl ever walked out on me before. They begged me for attention and this one was just so unique, she reminded me of her.

I picked my phone up to call Nosifat to help me prepare everything. "Nosifat, can you help me prepare something very girly for an apology and deliver it to my house." I turned the ignition and started driving to hilltop at top speed.

I called Michael earlier to make sure Anjola didn't go home yet and knowing her, she was going to come back soon to take her things and everything had to be perfect.

I was busting with adrenaline as I drove home, that was the first time I was doing something like this and it made me feel warm on the inside. I don't even think I have ever said sorry to a woman before, on the contrary.

...

Anjola

As I walked in the penthouse, the first thing I saw was a cake with the words 'I'm sorry my intriguing whiskey.' Spelt out in white.

The room was dimly lit so I switched the lights on and korede was standing there, with a red rose and a big smile. How did he get here so far? Didn't he have a hangover? And what was he trying to do.

"Anjola mi," he laughed before continuing. "Before you say anything, I am really so very sorry about all the crap I said I'm so stupid and a complete idiot for yelling at you and throwing your troubles in your face." He moved closer to me and I moved back.

He was apologizing and I felt like a complete idiot for what I did. I felt dirty and disgusting just like he described them sex workers.

I looked into his eyes and it looked pure and genuine. It didn't have the mischievous 'I want to sleep with every girl look' He looked innocent as his pupils dilated, waiting for me to give him an answer but I couldn't. How could I look him in the eye now?

"Anjola say something now." He said in a small whisper. He looked vulnerable; like a little child, waiting for his silent requests to be granted. "Anjola please talk. Do you hate me now? You want to move out? Anjola these past few days you've lived with me has been crazy and something different." I stayed mute.

I couldn't handle this and I was fighting back the tears hard. I felt like I betrayed an intense promise even if I didn't know what it was. "Anjola please talk, I've not done this before and all this is driving me crazy." He took my hands in his but I couldn't touch him so I removed it.

"Please talk." His voice was nothing but a whisper now, fading with the air. The atmosphere was so tense I could almost taste it. "Please." He said so quietly that you had to move really close to hear.

Now I couldn't take it anymore, I ran out of the place with tears flowing down my eyes.

What was this guy doing to me?

.

Hey guys, so I was thinking we should implement the name change at the twentieth chapter so the world can really get out. If you make good covers please get in touch.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.

so guys i want y'all to know that soon i will be starting a book  to create awareness for HiV/AIDS. I believe that  enough  should be done to create awareness on the disease and the use of  protection as well as relating issues coupled with stigmatization problems and also care and prevention. Also all the issues young ones face i.e the  youths. it would be titled 'THE MENACE' and of course you all know  i never fail  on the daily dose of drama so it's going to be an interesting piece that's highly educative.